5.60 X18 10 Paddle will it fit an XR650R?

2 replies to this topic
  • airport4

Posted May 05, 2005 - 09:45 AM

I've done a few searches but couldn't find a clear answer to my question. I need to know if a 5.60 X 18 10 paddle tire will fit on an XR650? I'm running 14-51 sprockets so that should give me a little extra room. In the posts I read on the subject I saw some mention about shimming the exhaust? Are there modifications required to make it fit? Last month I spent 5 days at Dumont :D and was running a 5.30-18 8 paddle which worked really well at first but buy the end of the week the tire was wore enough that I was able to spin it while climbing :) It is also showing signs of the paddles starting to tear.
:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted May 05, 2005 - 11:31 AM

I had to run a 14/45 sprocket to get the axle all the way back. I also had to run 30psi to help stop it from growing and hitting the swing arm. I ripped out the tail light and the wiring jumping the dunes at Pismo. I now have a 96~99 CR250 rear fender and that fixed that. The shin chen 560 paddle will help stop you from over rving to get up top and is easier on the engine then the 530 8 paddle.
Here are some pictures of the ten paddle on my bike.

Rear 10 paddle click here: :D

Side vew click here: :D

In the air: :)

CR250 Rear Fender: :)

All About the XR650R: :worthy:

• airport4

Posted May 07, 2005 - 04:31 AM

I had to run a 14/45 sprocket to get the axle all the way back. I also had to run 30psi to help stop it from growing and hitting the swing arm. I ripped out the tail light and the wiring jumping the dunes at Pismo. I now have a 96~99 CR250 rear fender and that fixed that. The shin chen 560 paddle will help stop you from over rving to get up top and is easier on the engine then the 530 8 paddle.
Here are some pictures of the ten paddle on my bike.

Rear 10 paddle click here: :D

Side vew click here: :)

In the air: :D

CR250 Rear Fender: :)

All About the XR650R: :D

Thanks for the input :worthy:
I'm going to have to stay with the 8 paddle tire...My XR is dual sported and I wouldn't want the tail light and wiring to get tore off by the monster 10 paddle tire :D
I sure wish there was an 5.30-18 10 paddle tire made, anybody know of one?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.