con-rod kit vs rod on its own.

3 replies to this topic
  • stoo

Posted May 05, 2005 - 09:41 AM

After managing to break 5th gear on my '00 XR650R, I figured I'd better stick a stage 1 cam, high compression piston and a carrillo rod in while everything's apart.

Only I'm having a bit of a nightmare finding a rod kit. There's one place in the UK that sells them, but the prices are a bit steep (I think it'd work out at US$530!), and I was hoping to do better. I can get the rod itself, no problems. The bearing's easy enough to get too.

But the crankpin and thrust washers are proving a nightmare.

Any recommendations of where to get a complete (either carrillo, or I hear falicon are meant to be good too??) con-rod kit?

I've sent an email to rob @ barnums.

Am going to send one to xrsonly, although they don't list one on their website. I've got a nasty feeling that xrsonly won't ship to the UK anyway - had that problem with them before.

Anyone else worth trying? :)

Thanks in advance,

• Bleuhaze

Posted May 05, 2005 - 08:24 PM

Xr's only's kit runs $179.95, and shipping should'nt be that bad, but if you find other kits post the info (yeah I need one to :-) )

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stoo

Posted June 02, 2005 - 01:28 AM

In the end xrsonly wouldn't even respond to me, so I went with the Falicon kit from Rob Barnum's shop.

More expensive than xrsonly would have been, but a lot less than their sole importer over here.

• captb

Posted June 02, 2005 - 04:42 PM

I used to get my Suzuki 1150 roller cranks done at Falicon, excellent parts, great work no problems.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.