Skid plates

13 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted May 05, 2005 - 07:00 AM

Can anyone recommend a skid plate for an 05 wr450? :)

• stonewall

Posted May 05, 2005 - 07:15 AM

Check this thread:
http://www.thumperta...tah sport cycle

Here's a pic of mine.
Posted Image

• rushfan

Posted May 05, 2005 - 09:35 AM

I'm looking at the one at Utah...I like that one. Thanks for the help. :)

• sprint450

Posted May 05, 2005 - 10:21 AM

I have the E-Line carbon fiber skid and it's a pretty nice piece. It wraps up the sides enough that it shields the oil line very well.

• clark4131

Posted May 05, 2005 - 10:24 AM

Utah :) . Great Fit, stout as hell, well made, end of story...SC

• C-ya

Posted May 05, 2005 - 11:08 AM

I just bought a Utah for my WR400. Stout as heck - looks like it will really do something, not just look pretty. I bought mine from Rocky Mountain. This link is for your bike.

• rushfan

Posted May 05, 2005 - 11:38 AM

I guess it's unanimous. Utah it is!!! :D Thanks to all for the help. :) :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Seabass

Posted May 05, 2005 - 02:20 PM

Brp Brp Brp!!!!!!! Go to and check their stuff out.

• MKP

Posted May 11, 2005 - 07:23 AM

New with '05 WR450F.
Whats the problem with stock Skid Plate ? :)
Thank you

• rushfan

Posted May 11, 2005 - 11:39 AM

The slide plate between the front frame tubes is plastic and it is supposed to protect the oil lines behind it.

• MKP

Posted May 11, 2005 - 11:43 AM

OK, incredible that kind of mistake !!!
Thank you

• beakr

Posted May 11, 2005 - 06:08 PM

New with '05 WR450F.
Whats the problem with stock Skid Plate ? :)
Thank you

The stock glide plate doesn't protect the frame rails at all. At less than 150 miles on my bike, I've already dinged the frame tube on a rock. :D

I also bought the Utah plate based on the recommendation of the guys here on TT, and I must say, the fit and finish are great. Plus the "wings" provide much better case and water pump protection than the stock ones. I just installed it, and am lookin' forward to getting a good field test in--maybe Saturday. . . :)

• rushfan

Posted May 11, 2005 - 08:23 PM

I didn't think the stock glide plate was good for much anyway, and I am very impressed with the fit of the Utah plate. It is better to have it and not need, than to need it and not have it!!! Know what I mean? :)

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 12, 2005 - 09:21 AM

I just bought a Utah plate too for my YZ.

1. Suprised by how lightweight it is. When I got the box I was thinking, damn they forgot to put the plate in...they didn't.
2. Fits securely and is very protective.
3. TT'ers are the best source of info going. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.