What's a "linkage multiplier"????

2 replies to this topic
  • radish150

Posted May 04, 2005 - 08:58 AM

Quote:

Default Re: Good News!! WR 450 lowering link
I had a 5/8 spacer put in my shock which combined with the linkage multiplier lowered the bike seat 1 1/2 inches. I also shaved an inch of the seat and put gel in place of the inserts found in the WR 450 seat.

Can someone explain what this fellow meant by linkage multiplier? Also, could someone explain how placing a "spacer" would make your suspension lower? Seems counter intuitive. :)

Thanx ya'll
Mark...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted May 04, 2005 - 12:29 PM

Well, the spacer goes in the shock limiting the travel on extension. That lowers the bike. reduces suspension travel too.

The linkage multiplyer is most likely a different suspension linkage like TY Davis sells it lowers the bike too.

Add the seat shave and you get a 2 inch lower rear.

Usually a spacer is put in the forks too.

• radish150

Posted May 04, 2005 - 09:16 PM

Quote:
Well, the spacer goes in the shock limiting the travel on extension. That lowers the bike. reduces suspension travel too.

The linkage multiplyer is most likely a different suspension linkage like TY Davis sells it lowers the bike too.

Add the seat shave and you get a 2 inch lower rear.

Usually a spacer is put in the forks too.

"Ahh" said the blind man.

But funny you should mention "Ty", of Zipty fame? Cuz I just had a rather confusing conversation with a rep of that very company this afternoon. He said that the "Miracle Link" was in production, but it did not lower the bike AT ALL, and that lowering was never thier intention in the first place.

Ah what to do.

Thanx
Mark...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.