YZ triple clamp offset on a WR

4 replies to this topic
  • Anravqsuh

Posted May 03, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Has anybody out there ever done this? My understanding is that the angles/ offset are different and the YZ should have an offset that handles better. Right? Wrong?

• simica

Posted May 03, 2005 - 09:48 PM

I have the GYT-R YZ top triple clamp and the stock WR bottom clamp. I don't know if it made a difference cuz I made alot of changes at the same time. I guess you would need a YZ bottom clamp also to know for sure. All I know is I love the way this bike turns and overall, handles better than anything I've ridden.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted May 04, 2005 - 12:15 AM

My situation is similar to Simicas. I have a SPP top clamp (which is marked as YZ426) on my WR. If the geomoetry wasnt exactly the same the forks wouldnt line up with the tripple clamps properly.

• RCannon

Posted May 04, 2005 - 03:57 AM

The wr and yz clamps will have the same offset. You may notice a handling difference because the bars move foreward on most aftermarket clamps, but the offset is the same.

I did try a set of 22mm offset clamps on a WR 400. I felt like the bike turned much better. I never did take thsi bike to high speed so I would hate to comment on high speed handling.

• RADRick

Posted May 04, 2005 - 08:58 AM

I had a stock YZ top clamp on my WR (to mount a YZ number plate) and recently changed to an aftermarket one. There is no difference in offset or handling. Tag Metals does make a triple clamp set with 22mm offset, but you can't get an offset by simply changing the top clamp. It has to be built into the complete clamp set.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.