YZ front RIm on a WR

6 replies to this topic
  • Garry_on_a_426

Posted May 03, 2005 - 06:49 PM

I bent my rim recently so I purchased a good used one from e-bay.

The problem is the 'new' wheel has a YZ hub and it doesn't line up.

What do I need to do? The WR hub has the ODO components part built into it, and even with the ODO pick up installed I have a space between the wheel and the forks of about 1/2"

HELP!!!

• tp3dxf

Posted May 03, 2005 - 08:45 PM

I would try to find a spacer from a YZ or maybe have one made. If it comes down to it you could probably transfer your hub and spokes to the new wheel.

• nevadaoutlaw

Posted May 04, 2005 - 08:58 AM

Hey Gary on a 426. I have a 02 YZ250F rim I was thinking of using on my WR450. You mentioned an ODO pickup? What is that exactly, because I was thinking that I will have the same issue with the odometer not working on the YZ rim. Also, I also hear someone mention that if you get the YZ spacers it should work as well, but let me know about that ODO pickup dingus unit you are talking about. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted May 04, 2005 - 11:31 AM

The YZ hub is not designed to take the Odometer drive. It instead has a simple spacer, like the non-Odo. side of the WR hub. It will work on a WR if you use the YZ spacers and live without an Odometer. If you want the stock Od. retained, you'll have to swap hubs.....

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted May 04, 2005 - 12:27 PM

Hey Gary on a 426. I have a 02 YZ250F rim I was thinking of using on my WR450. You mentioned an ODO pickup? What is that exactly, because I was thinking that I will have the same issue with the odometer not working on the YZ rim. Also, I also hear someone mention that if you get the YZ spacers it should work as well, but let me know about that ODO pickup dingus unit you are talking about. Thanks.

The hubs are different, the WR hub has a lip for the ODO I don't know how to explain it with out a picture.

The YZ doesn't have it.

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted May 04, 2005 - 12:28 PM

The YZ hub is not designed to take the Odometer drive. It instead has a simple spacer, like the non-Odo. side of the WR hub. It will work on a WR if you use the YZ spacers and live without an Odometer. If you want the stock Od. retained, you'll have to swap hubs.....

I don't need the stock ODO as I have a trailtech installed. Can I use the ODO pickup as a spacer?

I don't want to wait a week to ride.

• RichBaker

Posted May 04, 2005 - 03:40 PM

I don't need the stock ODO as I have a trailtech installed. Can I use the ODO pickup as a spacer?

I don't want to wait a week to ride.

Sure, assuming you have a WR hub.....just cover the threads to keep crud out, in case you decide to go back to the stock odo....I had to send my Endurance comp. back to TT last week, they prob'ly won't warranty it but I'm pretty fed up with the damn POS....rev the engine and the display blanks random segments. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.