New Blue...part ll

9 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted May 02, 2005 - 04:44 PM

If anyone read the first "New Blue" thread, you know that I picked up my new 05 wr450 this past Saturday and rode it on Sunday. I had asked in the first thread what mods I should do ( if I should ) before the first ride. Well, when I got it home, I had to ride around the block about a 101 times so I can have some frame of reference after the mods. So, with help from my favorite mechanic, we jetted it, cut the gray wire, did the AIS mod, dialed in the sag and took the baffle out of the exhaust ( with some custom work ). New exhaust will come later. I must say...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!. :applause:Third gear power wheelies with no problem. :naughty:
The Sunday ride was awesome. This bike is sweet. :naughty: Gobs of power and the handling is amazing. I had been riding an xr400 for the past 4 years and that bike would just beat the sh!t out of me. Thanks to all for all of the advise. This bike truly put the fun back into the family recreation.

• thumper_dad

Posted May 03, 2005 - 05:37 AM

Congratulations on the new ride, it should bring you at least a few years of good riding.

Rich

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 03, 2005 - 07:17 AM

Rushfan, do yourself a favor and get a better exhaust on that bike... If you think the bike's fast now you're in for a big surprise..... 4th and 5th gear wheelies all day long, and the wheel stays in the air... Trust me...

here's a example..

Stock pipe= Winger
Aftermarket pipe= Neal Peart drum solo from the Moving Pictures tour... :naughty:

Dan :naughty:

• rushfan

Posted May 03, 2005 - 09:31 AM

Rushfan, do yourself a favor and get a better exhaust on that bike... If you think the bike's fast now you're in for a big surprise..... 4th and 5th gear wheelies all day long, and the wheel stays in the air... Trust me...

here's a example..

Stock pipe= Winger
Aftermarket pipe= Neal Peart drum solo from the Moving Pictures tour... :naughty:

Dan :naughty:

LOL... :D Now you're speaking my language and I understand :D
So what do you recommend? I was thinking FMF with a power bomb...What do you think?

• jasilva

Posted May 03, 2005 - 05:23 PM

Yoshimura-This One Listen to me grasshopper I am the zen master. :)

Joe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dunlop

Posted May 03, 2005 - 05:33 PM

FMF Q with PowerBomb header ( SX or MX ) and you did do the throttle stop to and just forgot to write it right?

• rushfan

Posted May 03, 2005 - 07:23 PM

Hey master zen dude. You have very expensive taste. I have heard good things about yoshi, but, how much of a performance difference can there really be between that and a FMF Q? I just rip through the trails and stuff...I don't race!!! I can't justify all of those $$$ for something I will never need. FMF has great R & D Dept. and they have one for this bike and it's proven to work well in addition to other mods. So, if you will help pay for a yoshi, I will be glad to use it !!! :)
And BTW, if you are a master of zen, you must be really old :D hehehe
Oh yeah, rumor has it that you run a Muzzy on your bike...What's up with that??? :)

• rushfan

Posted May 03, 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hey Dunlop! Yes, I did do the throttle stop and forgot to write it... :)

• jasilva

Posted May 03, 2005 - 09:46 PM

Love the power on the Muzzy just a little loud. The Yosh(you want the RSC comp slip on) is quiet, tested best for power on the dyno and the slip on is only $319 at motosportoutlet.com. The FMF is more. :) Trust me grasshopper and you will soon be able to snatch the pebble from my hand. :)

Joe

Oh yeah, BITE ME my bike is better than yours. :D

• rushfan

Posted May 04, 2005 - 03:34 AM

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. And about your bike. Better?? Maybe for now zen dude. But I do better wheelies. :)

Grasshopper=young and quick :)
Zen Master=old and in my dust :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.