Somebody Finally Got It Right !

7 replies to this topic
  • Texas4play

Posted May 02, 2005 - 01:24 PM

June issue of Cycle World rates the WR450 #1 :D
They did a six-day enduro test between Honda, Husky, KTM, and Yamaha to find the Best Enduro Bike of 2005 and said the WR450 "wins this one going away". The funny thing, I received the new issues of Cycle World and DirtBike the same day and DirtBike claimed the Honda as bike of the year , even though DirtBike awarded KTM best bike last month. :naughty: Cycle World tested all the bikes in six different extreme locations (4 in Cali, 2 they wouldn't say where) which makes their comparison far more comprehensive than just one track. I'm just glad to see that someone finally gave the WR the much deserved credit it deserved. :naughty:

Also, a quick thumbs up to Rick Diaz (RADRick) for his article in DirtBike on the '04 WR450!

• snmhanson

Posted May 02, 2005 - 02:36 PM

I'm going to go find that article so I can show it to my fiends who think that KTM is all there is. Not that I think KTMs are bad bikes, I just get sick of hearing them talk about how perfect their bikes are and not giving any other bikes any credit. IMO, a few mods on my 05' WR450 made it just as nice, and nicer in some ways, than my friends 450exc. I'd ride any of the big name bikes but I'd also remember that it's not the bike that makes me fast or slow but the ass planted on the bike.

• RADRick

Posted May 02, 2005 - 03:09 PM

Also, a quick thumbs up to Rick Diaz (RADRick) for his article in DirtBike on the '04 WR450!

Thanks, but the article is in Dirt Rider, not Dirt Bike. FWIW, when it came time to put my OWN money down on a bike, I chose the WR450. Having ridden most everything else, I am 100% satisfied with my choice. :naughty:

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 02, 2005 - 04:26 PM

Yeah the Cycle world test was pretty extensive over different terrain and 6 days of riding. Love the WR450!!!!! :naughty: :D :D :cry: :D :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted May 02, 2005 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, but the article is in Dirt Rider, not Dirt Bike. FWIW, when it came time to put my OWN money down on a bike, I chose the WR450. Having ridden most everything else, I am 100% satisfied with my choice. :naughty:

Sorry Rick, I meant Dirt Rider, my fingers got confused. At least I noticed and remembered your name right? Are you going to write follow up for the '05 "de-smog" or is it too green sticker for publication?

• RADRick

Posted May 02, 2005 - 07:00 PM

Sorry Rick, I meant Dirt Rider, my fingers got confused. At least I noticed and remembered your name right? Are you going to write follow up for the '05 "de-smog" or is it too green sticker for publication?

Actually, this was the first in a series of articles aimed at WR-type riders. Tag along, OK? :naughty:

• Texas4play

Posted May 02, 2005 - 07:32 PM

You Betcha!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 03, 2005 - 08:00 AM

The funniest thing I read is that Dirtrider rated the 450x as one of the top bikes and DirtBike said the 450x will be the "Campground cruiser of choice".. "The X doesn't carry it's weight as well as the KTM and the Yamaha"

The differences in shootouts is so big that I can't respect much of anything I read...

The sad thing is that the Yamahas stock exhaust is so limiting that the bike doesn't get to shine like the others can... But they're compairing stock bikes, KTMs have always had great exhaust systems, kudos to them.. If all the bikes were allowed to have a free flowing exhaust (not a LOUD exhaust) but a nice unit that allowed better performance the WR would be in a class on its own... No other 450 powerplant in either shootout can match the overall out put that the 5 valve Yamaha puts out.. I've ridden all of the KTMs, it takes their 6 speed transmission to keep up with the Yamahas...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.