426f questions

2 replies to this topic
  • motocross15_3

Posted May 02, 2005 - 01:21 PM

im having problems putting the decompression piece back in, i cant get any tension on it or i get too much on it and it wont move and im having trouble with the push lever i attach the cable to it but theres no tension on it...pls help me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 02, 2005 - 03:22 PM

The shaft has to be assembled by putting the spring onto the shaft, and inserting it part way into the bore with the lever pointing somewhat downard. Engage the spring to the lever stop, wind the lever up a ways, and push it the rest of the way in. Be sure that the locking groove is aligned with the hole for the lock bolt.

It may help you to have the cam box off so you can see the inner end, and try it into place once without the spring, just to see how it should fit into position.

• motocross15_3

Posted May 02, 2005 - 04:42 PM

thanks, the same guy that rebuilt the whole bike is going to fix it for me

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.