Zip-Ty fuel screw o-ring

2 replies to this topic
  • JeffWR

Posted May 02, 2005 - 08:16 AM

When I put mine in I noticed the o-ring stayed up inside but the instructions talk about getting it out. Why would I take it out when I going to turn right around and put the Zip-Ty in???

Thanks, am I missing something, Jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BNutZ

Posted May 02, 2005 - 08:25 AM

I would suggest taking it out and "pre-positioning" it on the new Fuel Screw to ensure it seats properly... it could have fallen down a bit when the old Fuel Screw came out.

To get it out i took a paper clip and barely bent the tip with some needle nose pliers... stuck it up in the opening and out came the o-ring. :naughty:

Good Luck!

R/Brandon

• kirkw

Posted May 03, 2005 - 01:13 PM

I would recommend getting it out and seating it. If you ar emissing any parts, you can get them individually from sudco, HOWEVER there is a $15 min. order. When I put my zip-ty in the washer went M.I.A. Installed and rode it about 10 times, till the last ride when the screw decided to back itself out a leave the carb for the trail. Lucky I found it, but was a good lesson.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.