when you guy's ride, do you come on the throttle fasr or slow..

1 reply to this topic
  • fred

Posted November 10, 2000 - 05:24 PM

I was wondering if guy's twist it hard or with more control....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted November 10, 2000 - 09:34 PM

Fred: That depends upon what the rider is trying to do. I know what you're getting at though. Some magazine articles have covered this and hint strongly that a 426/400 will learn to adapt by rolling the throttle on instead of a quick and violent snap. I wish you could ride my '00 426 to see what one of these things is like to have perfect carburetion. There is a tight 180 degree right hand turn at my local track that has a short run at a double jump right afterwards. Very few guys could do this jump and nearly all were coming up short on the landing. After getting my carb properly setup, I finally decided to try this jump...and I've been going to this track for over a year. I figured the only way I could have a chance at getting a run at the double would be to do the 2-stroke brake slide and snap the throttle wide open as soon as I could get the bike pointed toward the jump. I used 2nd gear and was slightly above a slow idle when I snapped the throttle open hard. I cleared the jump easily. I'm one of those 47 year old cautious geezer types ....until lately. While I've never had the plug fouling problems you've experienced, I DID have a very annoying and sometimes frightening hesitation when the throttle was snapped open. Along with some diet changes, MX-Tech suspension, and getting the carb sorted out, I'm knocking on the door of finally becoming a true expert level rider. I truly wish you luck in getting your plug problem solved so that you can experience just how much fun these machines can be. I get a big kick when I take my helmet off at the track after a practice session or a moto and the young guys see my big shiney bald spot. They don't expect an old guy to ride like that... :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.