Drag in front wheel?

9 replies to this topic
  • Domenic_WRF

Posted May 01, 2005 - 06:05 PM

This may just be a dumb question :naughty: did a 100 mile desert race Saturday (all rocks) The 05 WR450 just laughed at those basket ball sized rocks :D then I helped at a Enduro today...came home and washed the WR and noticed a drag during rotation of the front wheel..it only drags at one location during rotation. I moved the pads away from the rotor..still the same. :D I'm too tired to tear it down right now..Thinking it's the wheel bearings or speedo drive..Bike has 500 miles on it..Anyone have a similar problem? If it's the drive, who's makes a spacer to eliminate the drive on a 05? Thanks

NEVER MIND Jeezz..asking questions like I own a DRZ :D it was the drive..all fixed..please delete this post :naughty:

• Bamster

Posted May 01, 2005 - 07:34 PM

I'd say its the speedo drive. :naughty:
Jeezz I answered it like I own a DRZed :D
:D
Lose the dog avatar :naughty:

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 02, 2005 - 04:33 AM

You may have a rotor that is bent and still rubs on the pads when they are spread. :naughty:

• rushfan

Posted May 02, 2005 - 05:34 AM

Please...Dump :naughty: the Snoop

• Domenic_WRF

Posted May 02, 2005 - 09:51 AM

For all you rebels..dogg is gone :D wheel is fixed, just the stupid speedo drive..So enjoy the new avatar and know your riding a great bike. Now to find a more diverse forum, :naughty: maybe time to go red :D :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertWR

Posted May 02, 2005 - 04:02 PM

For all you rebels..dogg is gone :D wheel is fixed, just the stupid speedo drive..So enjoy the new avatar and know your riding a great bike. Now to find a more diverse forum, :cry: maybe time to go red :naughty: :naughty:

Try Dr. DRE-See if they like him?? :D :D

• jasilva

Posted May 02, 2005 - 08:04 PM

Try Dr. DRE-See if they like him?? :naughty: :naughty:

Naw, I've met Dom he's more the Gomer Pyle type. :D :D

Joe

• thumper_dad

Posted May 03, 2005 - 05:33 AM

Much better avtar, I felt like I was chatting with snoop which was apawling.

Later - Rich

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 03, 2005 - 07:36 AM

Indys on to something..... I can't imagine the speedo unit having that much drag, it's possible for sure.... But I've bent numerous rotors on my bikes, my 05 included... Just a month ago I was installing my front axle and I noticed it didn't really go in with the greatest of ease, I ran it and didn't think much of it... Well sure enough I was on a long ride over the weekend and the front wheel started to squeak.... I just ran it and hoped it would make it... It turns out that the axle wasn't installed correctly (if that could happen) I'm not sure what it was but I took the axle out and re-installed it with some grease and it fixed the problem.... Maybe it got hung up on something.. I dunno... :naughty:

Put the bike on a stand and spin the wheel while staring at the front rotor, re-install the axle....

Dan

• Domenic_WRF

Posted May 03, 2005 - 09:11 AM

After removing the front wheel it was evident the speedometer drive was sticking..the wheel bearings were smooth during rotation, brake rotor had no parallelism, but the drive was sticking in a certain spot during rotation. Cut the plastic ears off, re-installed the wheel..alls well :naughty: Thanks for all the suggestions, learn something new about the bike here everyday. Just need to learn how to ride it now.. :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.