02 yz426 ???

3 replies to this topic
  • 800screws

Posted May 01, 2005 - 12:08 PM

can u use a cable luber on a 02 yz426? the quick adjust is permenatly on the cable right? which is in the way?? or do u have to lube it from the engine side of the cable?

• Satch0922

Posted May 01, 2005 - 04:40 PM

the quick adjuster is just a rubber dial that slides on and off the cable and the perch. Take it off and you will see what I mean. You can use the luber on it ...the cable is just a cable...nothing fancy or different about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 800screws

Posted May 02, 2005 - 02:57 AM

i had it apart, but the quick adjuster part, wouldn't slide down the cable?? and i couldn't pull it off either.

• fattyaf83

Posted May 04, 2005 - 03:26 AM

There should be a slit in the metal of the quick adjust. You have to pull the rubber down to see, and you may have to turn it. But it does come off just like any other cable. I have an 01 426 so its the same.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.