black liquid coming out of exhuast

45 replies to this topic
  • r69ing

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys I have a old two stroke and there is this black mixture coming out my exhuast and spraying when I rev her up. My guess is that its oil and I probably need to bore my sleave because my chamber is leaking but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

• LilCuteSurferGrl

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:21 PM

i had this problem on my 65... had the wrong mixture cuz the person i bought it from told me the wrong ratio. adjusted to the ratio it was supposed to be and it cleared everything up. dunno... might not be the same problem you have though..

• vtinsocal

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:22 PM

rings could be going or wrong mixture the the other post said.

new top end and good gas mixed correctly.

• frogman

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:23 PM

Only 2 answers, either wrong premix ratio or your crank seal on the clutch side is leaking.

• frogman

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:32 PM

rings could be going or wrong mixture the the other post said.

new top end and good gas mixed correctly.

Rings have nothing to do with a 2 stroke blowing oil.

• shazbot

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:51 PM

its called splooge... it happens

• r69ing

Posted April 30, 2005 - 05:24 PM

I was told 32 parts to a gallon.

I replaced the spark plug today because it was all fouled up. I just pulled the new plug and it is drenched with the same black liquid shiat. I check the air filter thinking maybe the air / gas mixture was off and it wasn't burning correctly but the filter looked fine. &%$#@!! I've been working on this bike for a month and today is the first day it's been running. I ran the hell out of it for a few hours. When I stopped for a bit and tried to fire her back up she wouldn't start up and sounded flooded so that's when I pulled the plug. :naughty:

• r69ing

Posted April 30, 2005 - 05:28 PM

I found the follow on the web, does this make sense?

If you’re getting excessive oil residue out the silencer, or fouling spark plugs, chances are you need to lean the jetting. Be sure to repack the silencer before beginning any rejetting.

• vtinsocal

Posted April 30, 2005 - 05:33 PM

Rings have nothing to do with a 2 stroke blowing oil.

good to know. :naughty:

• rkjaco

Posted April 30, 2005 - 05:58 PM

Only 2 answers, either wrong premix ratio or your crank seal on the clutch side is leaking.

Not sure about that :naughty: He ran the hell out of it for awhile shut her down then it wouldn't start. Maybe he has the wrong plug, wrong jetting or air/fuel mixture settings, off and on sticking float causing gas to pour unnecessarily into the carburetor :naughty: Don't sound like a leaking crank to me

• rkjaco

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:04 PM

Hey guys I have a old two stroke and there is this black mixture coming out my exhuast and spraying when I rev her up. My guess is that its oil and I probably need to bore my sleave because my chamber is leaking but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

You say it spits out black mixture when revving it up. Is it a good rev or does it hesitate, bog, backfire,spludge or what ever you want to call it when you rev it up? You said above that you ran the hell out of it so I'm assuming that it runs fine sometimes and sometimes don't start or run well, spits out black stuff?

• ThumpItGood

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:06 PM

try 40:1.

• frogman

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:13 PM

I found the follow on the web, does this make sense?

If you’re getting excessive oil residue out the silencer, or fouling spark plugs, chances are you need to lean the jetting. Be sure to repack the silencer before beginning any rejetting.

WRONG, do not start messing with the jetting till you get the oil problem fixed or you will end up with a huge mess.

• r69ing

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:19 PM

I replaced the plug early this morning. The bike start right up and ran perfect for hours but was spraying crap out the exhuast the whole time. I stopped her a few times and she started right up but on my last run I stopped it and now can't start it back up. It sounded bogged down and flooded. I turned off the gas and kicked the sh1t out of it, no good. I pulled the plug and it looked soaked!

Here is one thing to make note of, when the motor isn't running I have to turn of the pet cock on the gas tank other wise I getter gas leaking out of the drain hole in the carb if the bike sits off for to long. The guy I got it from said this has always been like this. Could the floater be jacked up? :naughty:

• vtinsocal

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:20 PM

what if the previous owner washed the bike without covering the exhaust and got water in there?

now you are just blowing that old water mixed with exhaust crap/oil and whatever else is in there out?

• jim1234

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:23 PM

Keep on eye on your trans fluid. If the crank seal starts to go south , it will run trans fluid through the motor. I run 40 to 1 and hve some spooge . I guess I'm used to it.

• r69ing

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:31 PM

do you guys have to turn off the gas valve also? Is gas leaking out the carb ok when the bike is off?

• rkjaco

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by frogman

Not sure about that He ran the hell out of it for awhile shut her down then it wouldn't start. Maybe he has the wrong plug, wrong jetting or air/fuel mixture settings, off and on sticking float causing gas to pour unnecessarily into the carburetor Don't sound like a leaking crank to me

Here is one thing to make note of, when the motor isn't running I have to turn of the pet cock on the gas tank other wise I getter gas leaking out of the drain hole in the carb if the bike sits off for to long. The guy I got it from said this has always been like this. Could the floater be jacked up? :naughty:

Bingo, your float is probably causing the problems

Its that or your running to Rich as you said above :naughty:

• rkjaco

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:37 PM

Yes a float not working properly will cause too much gas to flow into the carb and out the carb and onto the floor

• r69ing

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:45 PM

rkjaco,
Thanks for pointing that out buddy! Now here is the big question..... How hard is it to replace the floats? From looking at the exploded view of the carb on my model bike there are 2 floats. Are the floats sticking and fixable or should I order a new set and tear the carb apart and replace them?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.