Throttle Stop

3 replies to this topic
  • FREDLINGTON

Posted April 30, 2005 - 03:45 PM

Another quick question, where do i start with changing the throttle stop on my wr 426, is it worth it cutting the screw or buying a yzf throttle stop.
thanks for any input.

• freestyle250

Posted April 30, 2005 - 07:34 PM

on my '05 i had to remove the smog pump, im not sute if your bike has one or not. but its located on the side of the carb that faces the back wheel. it will take forever to get it out because you can only turn the screw like 1/8 of a turn at a time. i went out and bought the YZ screw but i didnt want to risk cutting it too short resulting in the needle slipping out of the jet and the throttle getting stuck open, and at the same time i didnt want to cut it not short enough resulting in less power. so in my opinion just go out and spend 13 bucks, its well worth it for the amount of power youll get out of the bike. also, the gray wire did alot of good as well. i think that these were the two best mods i did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rattler88

Posted April 30, 2005 - 07:40 PM

Cut the screw if you want to save a few bucks, just make sure that
you remove any burr's and put a slight bevel on the end like stock.

• DCaddy

Posted April 30, 2005 - 07:41 PM

Mousemeat has your answer, try this thread. http://www.thumperta...95&parentpage=5
If that isn't enough then go here.
http://www.thumperfaq.com/ Click on free mods and unleash the beast. There are pics in this one, but it is a WR250..........Close enough.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.