Feels like wheel wobble

6 replies to this topic
  • jamestoo

Posted April 30, 2005 - 03:42 PM

i've today ridden my pig after changing the rear tyre from the stock Dunlop from new, bikes now done 460 miles from new and i put on as a replacement an nobbly 110 100 18 tyre (cant remember the make) I think its Tellaborg or similar name.

Put the wheel on tyre inflated to 22psi fitted it nice and square in the swing arm and chain is correct tension everything fitted correctly etc etc

when i now accellerate on the road (small country lanes upto 45-50mph)there seems to be what feels like an intemittant wobble during accelleration i stopped the bike and checked everything thinking the hub nut was loose but everything is tight

anyone care to suggest wot could be wrong i put it down to different characteristics of the tyre or i not used to how the bike handled before with a pretty worn stock soft compound nobbly dunlop.

the replacement tyre is still knobbly but harder compound. Would this really change the bikes handling characteristics so dramatically?

James

• jamestoo

Posted May 02, 2005 - 05:40 AM

:naughty:

• roadcam

Posted May 02, 2005 - 07:40 AM

were the tires balanced ???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamestoo

Posted May 02, 2005 - 11:34 AM

no i just took it to a tyre place and asked them to swap it over

James

• TimBrp

Posted May 02, 2005 - 11:46 AM

Some tires require a break in period. However any knobby on the street is gonna feel, "off" a bit. I'd try going for 16-17 psi on the road and see if it helps. With the stiffer carcas of a harder terrain tire you should be able to reduce your psi a bit.

• RingKingPin

Posted May 02, 2005 - 12:52 PM

were the tires balanced ???

:naughty: :naughty: :D :D

if it's a big honking knobby don't be suprised when it feels soft or wobbles- it is! Only thing to do is gas on!

• jamestoo

Posted May 03, 2005 - 01:45 AM

i'll air down a little and see how it goes with that

cheers

James

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.