2000 yz 426 question

3 replies to this topic
  • jasv11

Posted April 30, 2005 - 02:29 PM

I have been reading through the search for stuff about the Counterbalance Keyway problem on the 2000 yz426. cause my buddy has one now and it is making a hell of a clanking.

My question is do you have to do anything about it or can you just leave it be.

Thanks
jason

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 30, 2005 - 03:46 PM

I have been reading through the search for stuff about the Counterbalance Keyway problem on the 2000 yz426. cause my buddy has one now and it is making a hell of a clanking.

My question is do you have to do anything about it or can you just leave it be.

Thanks
jason

Leave it be and dont ride it other wise it will destroy your crank :naughty:

It is best to go ahead and get a new pin pull the Counterbalance replece the key and tourqe it down. BTW are you shure its that could be the water pump

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Like he said, you gotta fix it. Pull the cover and check the key under the balancer drive gear on the crank. If it shows any damage, replace it and tighten everything back down. Be sure you get the balancer timed right.

Don't run it anymore 'til you get it taken care of.

• jasv11

Posted April 30, 2005 - 05:58 PM

O.K. thanks....looks like I have some work to do :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.