Whats in your track day toolbox?

10 replies to this topic
  • DTYZ426

Posted April 29, 2005 - 09:46 PM

or trail day?

I want to put together a simple tool set for track days and trail days.
What are the most important tools to have, and what tools can you not ride without

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 30, 2005 - 01:21 AM

I bring enough tools to fix anything on the bike that is fixable outside the garage. Actually my entire tool box goes, including torque wrenches. The nearest track is 1 hour drive, next track 2.5 hour drive, no way I'm ending a day early if I can help it!

• frogman

Posted April 30, 2005 - 01:25 AM

Travel light and mooch.

• Matt96xr6

Posted April 30, 2005 - 07:52 AM

I have a 4 drawer with top tool box.

Full set of metric wrenches from 6-19mm. 22 , 27 and 30mm socket.

complete set of metric sockets 8-19mm and wrench with extensions

4 phillips and 4 flat head screw drivers different sizes.

metric allen wrench set

tire pressure guage, spoons, extra valve stem cores, valve stem remover

multimeter

spark plug coin

suspension spanner wrenches, fork cap tools for the 05

6 different pliers

Hammer

Then spares -- 6, 8 mm bolts and screws assorted sizes. A few nuts and washers. Plugs, tubes, jets, zip ties, chain lube and carb cleaner. A few extra spokes and nipples

There is really no way to pack light. Small box gets up to 100lbs very quickly with all the tools you may need for race day. I also pack my spare wheel, extra clutch setup, oil, fuel and different sprockets in the truck. On a full race weeekend with the toy hauler I have stored coolant, brake fluid, wash supplies, extra triangle stands, and some 2 stroke oil for friends if needed.

• DoctorRzed

Posted April 30, 2005 - 09:32 AM

I have my trailer filled w/all my tools. Everything needed to do anything. Compressor-feeler gauges-everything. I get alot of moochers at the tracks as long as the trails :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NOMADAK

Posted April 30, 2005 - 09:38 AM

Everytime I leave something behind, I end up needing that item. It all comes in the trailer these days.

• adrian

Posted April 30, 2005 - 10:22 AM

If you wanna go basic and not big then take an 8-10-12-14-17-19-27-32 for wrenches or sockets socket extension,ratchet,torque wrench,spoke nipple wrenches front and rear,tire irons with spare tubes for front/rear, #2-#3 phillips screwdrivers,impact with phillips adapter#2-#3,couple of flat head screw drivers,hammer,couple of drifts 1 short brass,one long steel,safety wire,side cutters,plyers,pair of vice grips come in handy from time to time,tire guage,air pump or similar,zip ties,spare nuts and bolts,spare levers,spare footpeg springs,tubes,spare set of grips,grease,couple of spare plugs,extra airfilter...I think that should cover it,anything I miss??

• skthom2320

Posted April 30, 2005 - 01:10 PM

If you wanna go basic and not big then take an 8-10-12-14-17-19-27-32 for wrenches or sockets socket extension,ratchet,torque wrench,spoke nipple wrenches front and rear,tire irons with spare tubes for front/rear, #2-#3 phillips screwdrivers,impact with phillips adapter#2-#3,couple of flat head screw drivers,hammer,couple of drifts 1 short brass,one long steel,safety wire,side cutters,plyers,pair of vice grips come in handy from time to time,tire guage,air pump or similar,zip ties,spare nuts and bolts,spare levers,spare footpeg springs,tubes,spare set of grips,grease,couple of spare plugs,extra airfilter...I think that should cover it,anything I miss??

That's whats in my box plus needlenose pliers, t-handle, and a tape measure! Minus the drifts (never used one).

• grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2005 - 01:59 PM

I work on the bike at home out of the same box I use on the road. If I use it in the garage, except for air impacts and very specialized tools, it goes with me.

All that, and a cordless 3/8 drill. :naughty:

• DoctorRzed

Posted May 01, 2005 - 03:31 AM

Footpeg springs??? Why

• adrian

Posted May 01, 2005 - 11:28 AM

Footpeg springs??? Why

I always buy a set of footpeg springs to carry along with me...Guess I got into the habit when I had Kawasaki's back in the 90s when they broke all the time...Never hurts to be overprepared...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.