Anybody Have a FMF Powerbomb Header?

4 replies to this topic
  • wkloiber

Posted April 29, 2005 - 09:27 PM

I'm looking down the road at buying a FMF powerbomb header for my wr400f. I've already got the FMF Q muffler installed and the difference in power wasn't all that significant. Will the header be about the same in power gain or will I get my moneys worth out of it. I'm looking mainly for low to midrange but a little more top end never hurt anybody either.

• dominator426

Posted April 30, 2005 - 12:31 AM

I noticed a good increase in roll-on power and low end with a slight increase in top end on my 426. The Power Bomb SX header is tuned for low to mid range with the 1st portion's smaller diameter being matched to the exhaust port outlet. It is also quieter than stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted May 01, 2005 - 07:36 AM

I noticed a slight increase in response with my Ti Powerbomb. I also noticed a drop in noise. I also have a WR400F with PB and Q, and it rips pretty good, despite the quiet exhaust.
It's not a big increase over stock, but I have mine because I crushed the stocker and needed something. So, I figured better the PB than a stocker.

• jonova

Posted May 04, 2005 - 07:49 AM

I'm looking down the road at buying a FMF powerbomb header for my wr400f. I've already got the FMF Q muffler installed and the difference in power wasn't all that significant. Will the header be about the same in power gain or will I get my moneys worth out of it. I'm looking mainly for low to midrange but a little more top end never hurt anybody either.

I had an FMF powerbomb header and Q series muffler to start. My Q series fell apart so I got a Factory 4 Muffler and the bike woke up!! If you have a Q series the powerbomb is not going to give you any more power because the muffler chokes the entire exhaust. Go with a new muffler and the powerbomb if you want a significant power increase.

• kirkw

Posted May 04, 2005 - 08:16 AM

I got my Q before I got my Powerbomb, so I had the same point of comparison you ar elooking at. I did notice a beter low end with my SX version and it may be a bit quieter than stock. Not sure I would spend the money again if I could roll back time as the gain wasn't that great.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.