Fools Gold Enduro / Georgetown - Smile for my Camera at DEEP water crossing.

24 replies to this topic
  • MorningRider

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

It's for sure, DomenicWTF and I are working at the famous DeeP water crossing at Rock Creek for this Sunday's Fools gold Enduro.

post up your Ride minute Number and I'll get your picture if you want.

I know YZWiley is #7

DP400, motojason and Cisco are at #76, 75

who else wants a Enduro photo for your wall? let me know your number and I'll look for you. I rode GT this afternoon, hope Im not giving anything away, but I can tell you Conditions are EXCELLENT, Rich tacky dirt with occasional puddles.

at the crossing, me and domenicWTF will help any splash and crash riders who hold up the line. other wise my best advice is stand up 1st gear Power thru that water. Don't worry about dapping a foot or two, go ahead do whatever it takes, just keep your bike moving is key.

good luck, its gonna be a great event. :naughty: :naughty: :D

SMILE! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CISCO

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

Sit BACK and gas it. Im not pushing squat, Im riding the water. Get the camera ready............ :naughty:

• dp400

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

I'm gonna wait til Cisco washes out in the middle - then I'm going to use his YZ as a ramp to jump the rest of the way - be ready for that shot. :naughty:
Actually I don't like water getting into my very leaky teck 8's so early in the day so I will putt accross without a splash. :naughty:

dp

• MorningRider

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

just saw the weather report, Dry all weekend. The trails are gonna be tacky loamy perfection. It was good tonight, by sunday yeahaw, you boys will be burning checks all day....it's too good to slow down. haha :naughty:

• CISCO

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:26 AM

I'm gonna wait til Cisco washes out in the middle - then I'm going to use his YZ as a ramp to jump the rest of the way - be ready for that shot. :D
Actually I don't like water getting into my very leaky teck 8's so early in the day so I will putt accross without a splash. :naughty:

dp

There is no putting accross this one DP. Your gonna have fish tanks in your boots. PERIOD :naughty:

• MorningRider

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

ok ya all get off the computer and go ride. I'm jealous. 90 miles of mud, rock and slime - no thanks, but 90 miles of perfect GT that has me jealous - I wish I was riding. I really should. But no I'll play camera man and lifeguard and maybe next year I'll ride the enduro.

• CISCO

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:29 AM

Its 530 AM. Loading up on Kellogs Mini wheats and water. Now on to wake up the boys out in my trailer :naughty:

Cya at the swimmin hole Bob.

• MorningRider

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:09 PM

Cisco, what happen to ya? dont tell me you got hurt in the first 10 miles?

Man o man me and DomenicWTF worked our wet asses off today, we must have pulled out 50 riders. I'm pretty sure I got a picture of DP400. He got thru ok, Motojason needed a tug at the end I think he got caught behind someone and lost momentum at the end of the pool. It was mayhem down there.....even some of the first riders had trouble or even fell in. several guys went Swimming and I mean swimming. Got lots of pictures.......they will be up later or monday..

• kawidual

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:12 PM

Its says I need a password for pics Domenic.

So what is the word on CISCO, did he fly by Bob so fast he didn't see him, or is he hurt?

• What_Ever

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:44 PM

Ok, I'll try this again.. :naughty: Some photo's from todays event..Got a picture of motojason..dp400...missed wiley, he was going too fast..Hard day at the river, glad Bob pulled those strings to get us that spot :naughty: I bet Cisco went down in the mud hole Bob gave tips on :D

FG 2005 Deep Water

Let me know if the link works..Thanks :D

• kawidual

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

Link works now, great shots. Thanks for sharing.
I hope Zac shot some helmet cam footage.

• What_Ever

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

Link works now, great shots. Thanks for sharing.
I hope Zac shot some helmet cam footage.

Thanks for letting me know about the link :naughty: Zac is MIA :D We were at mile 15 and no Zac :naughty: I'm sure he's fine..Jason mumbled something as he passed about Zac's status :D

• CISCO

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for letting me know about the link :naughty: Zac is MIA :naughty: We were at mile 15 and no Zac :D I'm sure he's fine..Jason mumbled something as he passed about Zac's status :D

No I didnt have the camera as I was nervous about it getting wet in that river crossing. I didnt have much of a ride anyhow so it dint matter anyway.

• MorningRider

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

sorry to hear of your flat Cisco. was today your 30th b day too? damn I guess it was fools gold for you today.

oh well, it's just dirt, plenty of it out there.

• yzwiley

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:03 PM

Nice pics Dom. You got one of my buddy Dave. I'll send him a copy if you don't mind. He will be stoked.

I yelled at Bob when I went through. Did you know who I was Bob?

Sorry to read you guys had lots of work to do, but I kind of figured it was going to be like that. It was messy when I went through there on minute 7. I can't imagine how bad it got in the C minutes.

To all of you guys working that crossing, you're heros. Thanks for helping out. I'm just glad I didn't need your assistance.

And Bob, yeah I took the turn around spot. Those rocks were all wet and we were well in time so I didn't dare take the risk. Sorry, I'm a puss. But hey, I did well today.

Thanks again guys.

• dp400

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

That KTM # 75 isn't me - lost my chain at mile 2 and took 23 min. to fix - everyone past me by the time I left - I was the guy that tipped over before I even got started crossing - head first - walked it accross since I was soaked - Dom (?) said nice save and took a shot of me - close up - when I got to his side.

dp

• MorningRider

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

yes yzwiley I knew it was you. I said hi back... Sorry DP400 I was looking for a KTM thumper in a sea of orange smokers that came thru around 75 and that thumper was the only one with 75 on it. I may have been taking a short break when you came thru... I was waxed as the 90s came thru.

YZ you looked smooth on the water crossing. Good day huh? Congrats.

mid day Someone said are you Bogbob from thumpertalk? and I answered YES - dont know who that was... DP several guys took that spill at the entrance to the creek cutting it too close to the tree and finding a hole. The hectic pace of racing ate up most riders in that creek. On a normal play ride day everyone would have made it fine.

There was one small kid who crossed. He was a strong youngin got half falling over over before I got to him but he kept his bike upright and running, he walked it out as I steadied his bars. he is a little champion in the making.

• yzwiley

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

I didn't feel smooth. Sure it was me you're thinking of Bob? I rolled into there and saw carnage. I was just hoping I wasn't going to join into it all. When I clipped that rider on the entrance I had visions of going for a swim.

I ended up scoring a 5th place in the overall and 1st in the Vets. I dropped a seven. Missed fourth by tie breaker points. Greg Ruffoni got me. I didn't have anything for the top three though. Those animals scored fives. Billy Russell overalled it again. The kid is on it this year. He's undefeated so far.

• What_Ever

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:12 PM

That KTM # 75 isn't me - lost my chain at mile 2 and took 23 min. to fix - everyone past me by the time I left - I was the guy that tipped over before I even got started crossing - head first - walked it accross since I was soaked - Dom (?) said nice save and took a shot of me - close up - when I got to his side.

dp

The only picture that was blacked out :D strange that it happened after bob used my camera :D sorry about that dp..I planned on a 100 picture album, but after the first 20 or so riders went through..the sh!t hit he fan.. :eek:Everyone did a great job crossing the creek, :naughty: I would have pulled off and called it a day. After it was all over I turned around to see Bob drinking my only beer..jeeezzz :D Well another racing weekend in the books..see ya next time :naughty:

• MorningRider

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

on to my family enduro, the 49er , and rain all friggin week as usual this global cooling winter now spring too of 2005.

http://www.weather.c...cm_ite=extended

DomenicWTF I'm not to interested in riding Gold Note swampy slush mud trails, maybe we should forget that enduro and go to moonrocks this weekend.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.