Hi-compression Piston?!?

2 replies to this topic
  • 450GN

Posted April 29, 2005 - 01:51 PM

well i have seen these all over ebay and just curious to the possible gains of installing one...

i am not going to be doing one anytime soon but wanted to know how it boosted more top end power over the low end or what? what type of gas is required with this increase in compression... say 13-1 now...

anyone have any experience running this in any type of bike or vehicle

thanks...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • saucebox

Posted April 29, 2005 - 02:05 PM

gonna gain a couple horse and need at least 100+ octane i recon. I hear the vp4 gas will give you 1-2 hp alone so that plus the high compression piston and i spose u'd be lookin at 3-4 hp probably if not more

• grayracer513

Posted April 29, 2005 - 05:37 PM

Most people I know who run a 13:1 in a YZF find that 91-93 is adequate. VP Ultimate 4 (U4) is 92 Octane, BTW. 100 is not necessary. The piston should gain you about one full horsepower, as would U4, with or without the extra compression.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.