Edelbrock owners

10 replies to this topic
  • frankstr

Posted April 29, 2005 - 01:21 PM

I'm just curious of everyone settings on the E carb, your elevation,etc...
I'm at 500 to about 3500 feet el., My carb is on the 19e needle, 18 clicks from full rich,1 3/4 out on the a/p screw, my side panel is opened up, stock header with FMF Q muffler........... :naughty:

• 1stepcloser

Posted April 29, 2005 - 04:00 PM

19 needle, 15 clicks, 2.0 turns out.

HRC kit, head work, air box mod, Pro-Circuit T-4 full system.

same elevations as you.

• bork

Posted April 29, 2005 - 06:37 PM

Without checking if my memory is correct i'm @ 14 out with home made tip , & no snorkel . Otherwise stock. (94 xr600r)

• jws

Posted April 29, 2005 - 07:09 PM

19 needle 13 clicks and 1 1/2 on the pump - stock exhaust HRC tip, opened up airbox with a UNI no screen - 0 to 3500 elv :naughty:

runs like a raped ape :naughty:

• BWB63

Posted April 29, 2005 - 07:57 PM

19 needle, 16 clicks, 2.0 turns out, Edelbrock bored out to 40mm X 42mm insted of the stock Edelbrock 36mm X 42mm
680cc 102.4mm piston, cam, 3mm oversized intake valves, holes in air box, Uni, Moriwaki full exhuast (one of the most free flowing exhuast systems) I am thinking of messing with my 17 needle and seeing if I can make the bottom ritcher. On the Dyno I was way lean at the bottom and just right after 3200rpm.

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roll_it_on

Posted April 29, 2005 - 09:09 PM

Do your bikes pop on decel with the settings you guys are running. I finally got mine to stop poping. I have the 19e needle, HRC tip, 500 to 3500 feet, open airbox and side cover however mine is 10 clicks from full rich which is richer than all of you guys. It ran good at 13 clicks and the plug looked good but I got tired of hearing all of the poping when I got off of the gas. :naughty:

• qadsan

Posted April 29, 2005 - 09:41 PM

Do your bikes pop on decel with the settings you guys are running...

Most of our bikes (XR's, WRF's, CRF's) pop a 'little' on decel the way I have them setup, but depending on the time of year they sometimes pop a little more at night than in the day due to significant changes in temperature. Excessive popping is often a sign of running too lean, but a little popping can be perfectly normal.

I don't recall my specifics on how my 650r carbs are setup, but I recall one of my carbs (the first one I bought in 2001) is at ~12 clicks out with #18 needle and ~1.6 turns out on the pump screw. This bike runs a stage 1 HotCam, Moriwaki exhaust, opened side panel and some internal mods to the airbox. My other two 650r's are using 19 neeldes, one of which I've modified and they're both set at around ~18 clicks out and ~2.25 or ~2.5 turns out on the pump screw and these carbs are the newer models with the cast float bowls.

• frankstr

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:34 AM

Yeah, If I go any leaner then 18 mine really pops on decel......
I forgot to add that I'm using a Iridium plug, But I don't think that would make a diff................... :naughty:

• jws

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:55 AM

i have a little pop on decel which i was told is fine per Rob Barnum. Iam very happy with my carb it pulls hard all the way from idle to 5th gear WFO :naughty:

• Roll_it_on

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:30 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I may just put it a couple of clicks back to lean and let it pop a bit on decel since it did run very well set a bit leaner. Dealing with this now makes me understand what the enriching circuit on the stock carb was all about.

• frankstr

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the replys guys.......... :naughty:
Mine has slight popping on decel. I think I will go 1 click richer to see what happens and how she performs..... :D
Still my favorite mod besides the suspension rework........... :naughty:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.