Does anyone make or have a center stand for the XR650R ?

9 replies to this topic
  • ponq

Posted April 29, 2005 - 07:42 AM

I would love to have one.

I'd rather buy/make a centerstand than buy/ make a workstand or lift.

If anyone has some plans where I could fabricate one, I'd love to see them.

I haven't sat down and looked to see if it's possible yet.

• BWB63

Posted April 29, 2005 - 10:47 AM

Are you talking a push down center stand that stays on the bike? Like the ones on none race street bikes?

• frankstr

Posted April 29, 2005 - 11:19 AM

My son is building one in school for a metals project...Should be done any day.. :naughty: :naughty:

• offday

Posted April 29, 2005 - 11:25 AM

if your thinking about a full on center stand thats "attached" to the bike you are talking A LOT of work to the frame. especially because of the height of the bike. I am sure it could be done but I can't imagine why you would want to :naughty: :D :naughty:

• ponq

Posted April 29, 2005 - 11:56 AM

Are you talking a push down center stand that stays on the bike? Like the ones on none race street bikes?

Yeah a centerstand that stays on the bike, for just in case tire changes/ repairs. I would like one since I do a lot of dual sport riding, and I don't mind a little extra weight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ponq

Posted April 29, 2005 - 12:03 PM

My son is building one in school for a metals project...Should be done any day.. :naughty: :naughty:

I'd love to see it.

if your thinking about a full on center stand thats "attached" to the bike you are talking A LOT of work to the frame. especially because of the height of the bike. I am sure it could be done but I can't imagine why you would want to

As far as the frame work, I believe one could be bolted on, there are a few spots under the frame where bolts could be lengthened to hold a bracket possibly for a center stand. As far as height, tons of tall KTM's have centerstands.

• offday

Posted April 29, 2005 - 12:10 PM

I'd love to see it.

As far as the frame work, I believe one could be bolted on, there are a few spots under the frame where bolts could be lengthened to hold a bracket possibly for a center stand. As far as height, tons of tall KTM's have centerstands.

If I were you I would go look at those ktm's the frame is totally differeant.
Good luck and have fun. Remember you have to consider swing arm travel, width of the swing arm. where it's going to be when it's up and so on. Theres a WHOLE LOT more than just where to mount it.
Good luck. hope you meet with sucess. :naughty: :naughty:

• frankstr

Posted April 29, 2005 - 01:15 PM

My bad :naughty: I thought you meant a stand to put the bike on, Not mounted to the frame........... :naughty:

• roadcam

Posted April 29, 2005 - 01:44 PM

some of us have e-mailed DualStar about extending their centerstand selection to include the XR650L ... Dual Star responded that they might pursue the project, with enough customer requests ... I would suggest you e-mail them also with a request for your 650R, maybe we'll all get lucky ... they did seem interested

• ponq

Posted April 29, 2005 - 01:53 PM

I'll try that out.
Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.