Tera-flex users

5 replies to this topic
  • bork

Posted April 29, 2005 - 06:03 AM

How many of you guys use the II dot version ? Any xr600r users ? Looks like many dr400 guy use them . I wanted to know if the clearence is an issue on my 600 .

• AzMtnThumper

Posted April 30, 2005 - 06:32 AM

I had a 600 but the biggest tire I had on it was a 120/100 Maxxis IT. I now have the same tire on my 650R. I think I had more clearance with the same tire on the 600 so I'm guessing the TF II will fit on your bike if that tire can be used on the 650R. Sorry if this is a bass ackwards way of answering your question. :naughty:

• swells454

Posted April 30, 2005 - 01:57 PM

I just got the Teraflex II but I am on a 650r. I am changing the front sprocket to a 13 tooth from a 14 tooth to give a little more clearance. Just too close to the front of the swingarm with the stock chain. I may still have to add a link. I believe the 600 will be really similar. I have a buddy that may put one on his 600r so if you do yours first you'll have to report back to us. Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted May 01, 2005 - 08:44 AM

My desert mich is pretty worn in middle. After doing a search here using ter-flex as key word , I got to read all the posts. Pretty convincing! Except for one guy who said he and his bud both ride equally same styl and speed etc. He said after he put on tera-flex he was not as fast as his bud.And his bud agreed . But this is only one guy and maybe he is bias or a connection with another company or related to. most of the dr400 or wr 400 s are using the TFII

• XR650L_Dave

Posted May 01, 2005 - 10:32 AM

The flex is not always an easy tire to ride with, and it will absorb a lot of power, and if you do not adjust your gearing, you will be 'geared-up' quite a bit compared to almost any other tire.

It is the traction-champ, however, and that's why I'm stickin' with it.

I think if you want the best traction you can get, but a skosh more streetability, or a little more rock traction, the 140-series MT21 is the choice.

• bork

Posted May 01, 2005 - 06:32 PM

I'm 99% dirt , unless doing a dual-sport event.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.