Crusty Header

6 replies to this topic
  • Titanium Fink

Posted April 28, 2005 - 07:56 PM

After a few rides my header pipe manages to bake dirt and mud onto it. Is there any way yall know of to stop this? Also, are there any good suggestions as to what will remove it?

• simon@vic

Posted April 28, 2005 - 08:15 PM

just wait till you smash it. then you wont care what colour it is. :naughty:

• gregwr450f

Posted April 28, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Don't ride it and it won't get dirty.
To remove it I use a cloth nappy- wet it and leave it wet, feed it through between the header and the rad, hold each end and pull back and forth until clean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 28, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Rub a little bacon grease on it. Nothin will stick to it and the smell will help you work up a healthy appetite

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted April 29, 2005 - 03:14 AM

Hehe I just noticed this baked on mud between the radiator and the pipe when I was washing my bike yesterday... at first I thought it was already rusting (with 300 miles on it :naughty: ) but then I realized it was mud... I scrubbed alittle more and it came right off. :naughty:

• mousemeat

Posted April 29, 2005 - 03:15 AM

Ti don't rust.

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted April 29, 2005 - 03:29 AM

Ti don't rust.

Yeah thats what I thought... which is why it suprised me so much when I saw the rust colored crusty stuff on what I was told was a TI pipe.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.