Help me choose the correct Cycras

6 replies to this topic
  • fourstroker

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:19 PM

Greetings THUMPS! 2001 WR426 with new Pro-tapers bars SE 7/8, wanting to run Cycra Aluminum Handguards, Have no problem deciding on wanting Black Pro Bends with Triple Clamp Mounts and that I need the Alloy Handle bar ends but don't understand if I'm actually supposed to choose Handlebar Type as PRO-TAPER or STANDARD? My bars are made by Pro-taper but they are the standard 7/8 size? Don't like ordering twice! Are the Cycra triple-clamp mounts good enough, I also have a pair of the GYT-R triple-clamp mounts? Has anyone also tried out the new LOW PROFILE ENDURO SHIELDS? Just wondering! Thanks in advance for the info! Have a great weekend.

Highland, Illinois

• tad69

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:25 PM

Standard is for carbon steel bars and will be to big to fit in aluminum bar ends. You will need them for alloy bars. LoPro shields do not provide enough protection from limbs for me personally. I prefer the standard enduro shields.

• tad69

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:27 PM

Oh....Unless GYT-R has changed suppliers the 3 clamp mount is identical as it is made by Cycra.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jake28

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:30 PM

Like tad said, go with the enduro shield.

• fourstroker

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:40 PM

Thank you for the reply! So I want to choose Handlebar Style on the Cycra website as Pro-Taper right?

• jwriott

Posted April 28, 2005 - 08:01 PM

I'll help you chose. Go to the Enduro Engineering site and buy theirs. I just bought the Cycra's and for the money, I should have bought the EE guards instead. They are a much better deal and the bolts don't pull out of the mounts when your bike tips over. Cycra sent me new bar mounts but I had to buy longer bolts. I'd go EE.

Otherwise, you need the standard mounts for aluminum bars. The Pro Taper one's they list are for 1 1/8" bars.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 28, 2005 - 11:11 PM

I installed a Probend kit on my YZ tonight. Great set up and got them brand new off E-bay for $76 shipped to my door.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.