Unabiker Radiator Guards

5 replies to this topic
  • hoghead450

Posted April 28, 2005 - 05:36 PM

I just installed a set of Unabiker rad guards / braces, and I thought I would pass on a review of them.

Appearance - Excellent - I ordered the blue anodized set. No scratches, no burrs, the bends were well formed without excess tool marks. Overall, very good workmanship.

Instructions - Straight forward and easy to follow.

Fit - Very good for a product like this. I suggest leaving bolts slightly loose until all bolts are installed and started. This took a socket/rachet/u-joint setup, but made things go together better.

Strength - The guards / braces feel quite stout as individual parts. However, you do not realize how strong of a setup this is until it is assembled and tightened. The 3 point mounting system to the frame and the connection to the corner of the radiator make for a very rigid setup.

Suggestions for improvement - I used slightly larger washers than those provided. I felt the larger washers would spread the clamping force out a little better. I used stainless steel washer for better appearance for the long haul.

Overall - excellant product. Highly recommended.

DS

• Juiceman

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:03 PM

I am interested in those can you post some pics of your bike? What bike did you put them on?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 28, 2005 - 08:08 PM

I helped Big Davey put a black set on his 04. Man those are awesome. I will order mine as soon as the 'fun card' has a little room on it. :naughty: Thanks for the report and the install tips. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chevy_Cowboy

Posted April 29, 2005 - 03:49 AM

I'm wishing I would have gotten Unabiker guards instead of Devol.

The Devol guards look good, and were highly recommended by other TT members, but I had to do some redneck engineering on the brackets to get them to fit right, I added a bunch of washers behind them to space them out farther, and even after all of that the outer bolts are about 1/8" from the sides of the radiators... it wouldnt take much of an impact to drive that bolt right through the radiator :naughty:

• Domenic_WRF

Posted April 29, 2005 - 07:50 AM

Here's a picture of the natural color guards on a 05..

Posted Image

• hoghead450

Posted April 29, 2005 - 08:37 AM

Hey Juiceman, for what ever reason, I cannot post photos with a message. Give me your email address and I will send some to you.

DS

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.