dynojet kits?

21 replies to this topic
  • XR-Det

Posted May 01, 2005 - 08:50 AM

one thing I found out some time after installing my DynaJet kit ... the DynaJet main jet numbering differs from the KEIHIN sizes usually mentioned ... evidently, a 165 DynaJet main is about the same as a Keihin 162 ... I would have thought jets were standardized, but I guess not ... check it out

I agree, thats kind of dum - couldn't they number it by true hole diameter or something like that instead of using their internal numbering system?

Do those numbers stand for anything dimensional??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted May 01, 2005 - 08:59 AM

Hole dia does not always dictate how much will flow thru jet . Entry size, entry angle , length of hole , and exit and exit angle , etc ,all play a roll. And some times dilling a hole size bigger can actually run leaner due to not a polished finish or something unexplainable.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.