Plastic moldings in front of tank on xr650l...

4 replies to this topic
  • sagester00

Posted April 28, 2005 - 05:42 AM

I am not sure what they are called, but can I take them off? I saw Xr650LMartin's bike on a recent thread and it looked sweet, and noticed they were'nt on. Thanks fellas. I just got this bike and I love it. First motorcycle so I am just taking it easy and trying to learn as much as I can. Take it easy. B.

• Xr650LMartin

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:00 AM

The scoops on the tank are to direct the airflow to the engine head! Mine are off cause of my 4.7 gallons clarke tank! If you have the stock tank on I suggest you keep them on ! People with temp/dipsticks say they drop the temp around 20 degs!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted April 28, 2005 - 07:23 AM

if you got the stock steel tank, for sure leave the "wings" on your piggy...

Jim

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 28, 2005 - 09:10 AM

Definitely leave 'em on until you rejet. They do aid cooling, and with the stock lean jetting you need all the cooling you can.

Dave

• dabeyta3

Posted April 28, 2005 - 11:20 PM

I had to take mine off because of my new tank. I would also agree, they are important.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.