Clean air

7 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted April 28, 2005 - 05:35 AM

I pick up my new wr450 on Saturday and will do the mods discussed in the [COLOR=Blue]new blue[/COLOR] thread (in this section) that all of you guys advised me on, but I was wondering what air filter to use? K & N, or Twin Air. I've always heard that K & N was the freest flowing, but doesn't trap the fine stuff. I must admit that I don't know much about the Twin Air though. Please advise... :naughty:

• JTWR450

Posted April 28, 2005 - 07:14 AM

I run a TWIN AIR. Works great. I have also run UNI's before in a Honda XR. My therory is that if it is a 2 stage filter you will be fine. I think most of it comes down to brand preference.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 28, 2005 - 08:39 AM

Twin Air is a fantastic product! I have had 2 for 2 years now and they have no signs of wear or delamination of the glue at the seams! :naughty: I ride a lot! :naughty:

• RichBaker

Posted April 28, 2005 - 03:16 PM

I ran K&Ns on my XR600, then quit when I saw dust in the airboot to the carb....now I run foam filters ONLY! UNI normally, cuz that's what mos dealers around here stock...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crfdude86

Posted April 28, 2005 - 03:20 PM

i use UNI

• jasilva

Posted April 28, 2005 - 03:44 PM

Twin Air :naughty: Get the one with the anti-backfire coating and lose the backfire screen in the cage. Much better air flow this way. DON'T get a K&N they are SH!T. :naughty: They sell them at Kragen for a reason. :D

Joe

• rushfan

Posted April 28, 2005 - 04:14 PM

LOL... :naughty: Thanks for advise. Won't be going to Kragen! :naughty:

• waterdog3

Posted April 28, 2005 - 04:47 PM

I Use Uni.........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.