Where to get an exhaust gasket?

4 replies to this topic
  • wildchubby

Posted April 27, 2005 - 12:22 PM

Im looking for the rubber gasket/grommet that goes between the header and exhaust silencer. The pipe is stock from for a '83 XL600. Anyone know where I can find one?

Ive checked my local dealer and ebay with no luck.

Thanks,
J

• targetdrone

Posted April 27, 2005 - 11:53 PM

It's not rubber. It's more like graphite. I had to order mine from the Honda dealer. I have since gone to a Supertrapp from the header joint back. The stock packing is in my stock silencer, where it shall stay untill I sell the bike or the exhaust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR6's_rule

Posted April 28, 2005 - 02:43 AM

Actually that gasket is more like a "packing" and you should definitely be able to get it through your local Honda dealer. I've bought them numerous times for XR's/XL's.

• wildchubby

Posted April 28, 2005 - 04:45 AM

Thanks for the help. I'll go back to the dealer today and speak with a manager instead of the punk ass I talked with yesterday.

What model supertrapp did you put on your's? Did you have to rejet?

Thanks,
J

• targetdrone

Posted April 28, 2005 - 11:14 PM

Posted Image
I will take a look in the morning and get you a model # for the Supertrapp. I did just add a deflector to protect the fender.

And yes I did have to rejet. It was so lean it was running hot enough to shut down the electronics. I bought it from E-Bay. It had been run so lean before that the fiberglass packing had melted into glass!!! I have never seen that before. It runs fine with a #128 and #130 main jet instead of the 115 and 118 that was in it when I got the bike.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.