Short levers...anyone have them?

13 replies to this topic
  • chetwynd

Posted April 27, 2005 - 11:05 AM

Sorry to post a new thread, but I need some answers to that I can order up some new parts if I need to. Does anyone use shorty levers for additional handguard clearance? If so, who makes them and are they easy to install? I'm a bit of a rookie...not sure if I want to hacksaw my stock levers!

THANKS! :naughty:

• TimBrp

Posted April 27, 2005 - 11:15 AM

chet moose makes some great shorty levers.

• chetwynd

Posted April 27, 2005 - 12:41 PM

Thanks!

• chetwynd

Posted April 27, 2005 - 01:05 PM

Why can I not find these things anywhere online? Does Moose have a web site? No one seems to sell short levers! Help!

• frankstr

Posted April 27, 2005 - 01:21 PM

I cut my levers short and sanded the ends smooth, Works great and save a few bucks................ :naughty:

• my98mugen

Posted April 27, 2005 - 01:33 PM

chech out the msr lver and perch. i use this thing and i love it. for 35 bucks you dont even need to buy replacement levers, i just by a complete spare set.
msr lever]msr

heres the ones from flanders. they will go right on to the stock perch.
flanders

• Ciqir

Posted April 27, 2005 - 01:47 PM

+1 on the cut the stock levers. I chop them to about the 3 finger width which is more than enough for me as I never use more than 2 really. Once I cut them down I round over the ends with a coarse file, then finish them real quick on a belt sander.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • splat

Posted April 27, 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hack them off don't be shy.

Also holes drilled at two fingers length
And teflon tape under the perch.
And bark busters.

Many crashes but nothing is broken

• ponq

Posted April 27, 2005 - 02:38 PM

I cut my clutch lever down to 3 fingers, I only use two.
I only notched my brake lever so it will break in a good spot in case of a hit to the lever.

• crfdude86

Posted April 27, 2005 - 03:48 PM

nope.

• jws

Posted April 27, 2005 - 06:25 PM

Sorry to post a new thread, but I need some answers to that I can order up some new parts if I need to. Does anyone use shorty levers for additional handguard clearance? If so, who makes them and are they easy to install? I'm a bit of a rookie...not sure if I want to hacksaw my stock levers!

THANKS! :naughty:

They sell a two pack at my local parts store for $9.99 - I think it says trick on the package?? I ran the shorty levers when I was running the Acerbis Rally Pro's I went back to stock levers when I switched to Cycra Pro Bends :naughty:

• ODSC1

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:24 AM

Before buying new levers or cutting the stock ones try sliding the perches inward on the bars. I have enough room this way to run stock levers with Enduro Engieering handguards.

Brian

• Mike955i

Posted April 28, 2005 - 07:10 AM

Why can I not find these things anywhere online? Does Moose have a web site? No one seems to sell short levers! Help!

You can find Moose Racing here for a look at parts. You can purchase the Moose levers at Monkey Butt Parts (among others) and you want the Competition levers (~1" shorter than OEM). Hope this helps......Mike

• SaltyWalrus

Posted April 28, 2005 - 01:10 PM

Cut them, cut them, cut them. Then file down and round off the ends.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.