dorf

9 replies to this topic
  • bruce

Posted November 08, 2000 - 03:41 PM

Is this forum always this aggresive??

Ive just joined, and find a person, namely Dorf attacking someone for no good reason.

I thought forums were open to free speech and such. Not morons telling others what to do.

I cant say that I'm clever, in fact I sweep the rods for a living. But why should somebody be slagged off for posing a question?

Bruce
2000 WR400
CBR900 RRT
97 CR250
London
England

• Heywood

Posted November 08, 2000 - 04:27 PM

Hello Bruce:

I think for the most part the MEMBERS of this forum are very respectful. I am actually suprised that there is not more of this kind of thing.

You must understand that anyone from anywhere can log on and blurt out his (or her) opinion. Young, old, different cultures, religions, people who hate dirt bikes, etc.

This hasn't happened here too much, but as the site gets more popular, it will probably get worse.

One thing to point out is that these types are not the forum regulars and are typically not even registered.

Some people think it is fun to "stir the pot" and get into pissing contests over this stuff. Don't give them the satisfaction. Take it for what it is worth, in this case, ignore it and move on.

my $0.02

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 08, 2000 - 07:14 PM

Heywood, I dont think anyone else could have said it any better. For this point on Im electing you as our spokesperson for this forum. :)

• Howard_Huge

Posted November 08, 2000 - 08:11 PM

To heck with spokesperson, Heywood for President :)

• Kermit

Posted November 08, 2000 - 08:34 PM

Bruce,
I really like this forum...yes some guys are aggressive. But that shows personality, I like that, it is kind of fun to read, ya know? There are alot of helpful people on this thing too... Clark Mason & James Dean have helped me quite a bit on my jetting problems. Clark has even let me just e-mail him, kind of taken me aside and taught me what to do. That was very cool of him. What it comes down to, is that, we all love riding...it is fun to shoot the sh!t...and raz one another...like good buddies. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 09, 2000 - 01:08 AM

I DONT NEED A F###ING ENGLISHMAN STICKING UP FOR ME !!!!!
WHY DONT YOU GO AND PRACTICE YOUR RUGBY, WHICH BY THE WAY YOU LOSE TO US EVERY YEAR.

AND AS FOR DORF, PEOPLE LIKE HIM DONT BOTHER ME. IVE HAD IT ALL MY LIFE. THEY ARE STOOOOOPID AND I AINT. ITS JUST TOUGH ON THEM.
ILL GO BACK TO MY 2NERDY2 FORUMS NOW AND LEAVE YOU HAIRY ARSED GREASE MONKEYS TO BEAT YOUR CHESTS

• Hick

Posted November 09, 2000 - 07:00 AM

?

• bobwombat

Posted November 09, 2000 - 08:37 AM

Bruce, i wondered the same thing myself when new here but, as a little time @ the forum will show you, Heywood is right. The members & other regulars are awesome & their advice & comraderie is incomparable.

The bad postings & vibes should be just like old 4-stroke oil....just dump it (somewhere responsibly!). bobwombat

• Boit

Posted November 09, 2000 - 12:36 PM

Puzzler: Wanna waltz? You can lead as long as you don't scuff my new Hush Puppies.

• Howard_Huge

Posted November 09, 2000 - 03:11 PM

Sonds to me that puzzler/Taffy went to the same sunday school.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.