here she is.....

15 replies to this topic
  • GIANTac1

Posted April 26, 2005 - 08:10 PM

I just got my brand new piggy this weekend. http://i5.photobucke...tAC1/NEWPIG.jpg

• targetdrone

Posted April 26, 2005 - 08:44 PM

That's great. Welcome to the pigpen. What was your previous bike?

• justicedone

Posted April 26, 2005 - 10:25 PM

right on dude, call me so we can get a ride in

• TimBrp

Posted April 27, 2005 - 03:25 AM

Nice bike man! New bikes, I'm jealous.

• frankstr

Posted April 27, 2005 - 03:55 AM

Nice ride.. :naughty: so shiney.......... :naughty:

• GIANTac1

Posted April 27, 2005 - 05:41 AM

I had a '82 cr 80 and sold it when my family moved to california from montana in '85. :naughty: I have been riding family members and friends dirtbikes ever since. This is my first on road riding stuff!

• mountainrider

Posted April 27, 2005 - 06:22 AM

Nothing like owning a BRP.You should enjoy her for a long time.

• XR-Det

Posted April 27, 2005 - 02:16 PM

Looks soooo pretty when it is new :naughty: :naughty: :D

Enjoy it, I'm already jealous

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crfdude86

Posted April 27, 2005 - 03:50 PM

• swells454

Posted April 30, 2005 - 02:21 PM

Nice Bike! :naughty:
I acn almost remember when mine was that shiny....then I went and laid it down on the first ride and scratched the fender. I like to think of it as getting character! :naughty:

• mikefish

Posted April 30, 2005 - 04:44 PM

I remember when mine was pristine & didn't have any scratches. That lasted for about 2 hours. After I pulled my back out of shape lifting the monster I became more aware of how easily the front end washes out. Now I've got 15,000 on it & it's just as reliable as ever.... Come to Ridgecrest some time & we'll break it in properly. ..Congrats!

• GIANTac1

Posted April 30, 2005 - 08:33 PM

Thanks guys. I have a few questions about the bike.
1. Have you noticed the welds? Im not a expert on welding but some of them look like spray painted bird $h1t! Does yours look the same?
2. I understand its aircooled but my bike gets Hot after 15 minutes of riding. "Uncorking" it will help this right?
3. My rear shock has a little play when I grab it and twist :naughty:
Alright I am done for now......Thanks guys :naughty:

• crfdude86

Posted April 30, 2005 - 08:37 PM

nice bike

• smashinz2002

Posted April 30, 2005 - 08:40 PM

Cool man!! Sure do love the feeling of a brand new bike! Have fun!

• sagester00

Posted May 01, 2005 - 03:53 AM

Looks awesome!! Have fun riding this weekend if you go. There is'nt a better feeling than walking out the next morning after getting a new bike and lookin at her......I guess excpet riding it. Have a good one.

• swells454

Posted May 01, 2005 - 04:22 AM

2. I understand its aircooled but my bike gets Hot after 15 minutes of riding. "Uncorking" it will help this right?
3. My rear shock has a little play when I grab it and twist :naughty:

Uncorking will help. If you do a lot of slow (first gear) riding or idling at stops for extended will boil over. I ride with my kids a lot and it always happened...also in the tight woods after about 20 minutes. I used red line water wetter...same results. Then I tried engine ice...same results (maybe lasted a few minutes longer). I finally switched out to Evans NPG+. That cured the problem. Now it can idle for an hour w/o overheating and as I understand it the oil temps are staying in an acceptable level.
If you do a search on Evans you will find opinions on both ends of the spectrum. A lot of guys here run it with good results. It works great for me. It is about $27 bucks a gallon but you never have to change it. I got mine from mooneyes.
Good luck, Steve.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.