Who makes a non handlebar mouted hotstart

10 replies to this topic
  • Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 26, 2005 - 12:39 PM

My hotstart knob on my 2000 426 is a little crooked. I have the Dr. D remote hot start gadget, but dont really like it. Does anyone make a nice replacement for the stocker thats still carb mounted. I cant find anything.....

Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted April 26, 2005 - 12:56 PM

Only Yamaha.

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 26, 2005 - 01:00 PM

Only Yamaha.

Figures.... thanks for answering grayracer.

Anyone got one to sell?

• adrian

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:18 PM

I'll swap you my stock hot start for your Dr D..I was gonna buy one but if you wanna swap Ill do that too

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:29 PM

Well.... I do appreciate the offer, but I'll pony up the $15 for a new one.

Anyway, I lied. I have the Zip Ty one (http://zipty.etc.net...HSSibike-sm.jpg) not the Dr. D. I'll be glad to sell it though. $50 and its yours almost brand new

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adrian

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:34 PM

Naw thanks but I'll pass on the zip ty....Not too crazy about that system, I like it cable operated..

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:46 PM

I'm not real crazy about it either. I could never tell if it was open or closed, I'd have to pull the little foam filter out and verify it was in the off position.

• adrian

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:40 PM

I was actually wondering why you said you werent crazy bout the drd until you mentioned it was a zip ty. its on the wrong side and not very precise

• Ga426owner

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:41 PM

You will however hate the carb mounted system after the 3rd time you have to use it - don't waste the 15 bucks. Everytime you stall or need to use it, it will be a pain in the butt to get to especially on some hill if you woods ride! Buy the DRD set up. It works great and is a hell of lot easier to deal with, than reaching for the carb. :naughty:

you can have my stock one I have several.......

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:01 PM

Yeah.... I've considered the Dr. D, but I'm old school and dont like a cluttered cockpit.
I'd surely be interested in a hotstart for a 00' 426, got one for that bike?

• cowboyona426

Posted April 26, 2005 - 08:51 PM

BrandonV- the Dr. D kit actually installs really clean and looks almost stock when you are done. I don't think you'd be disappointed with it one bit. I'm super happy with mine, especially since I got it for $60 brand new :naughty: The only drawback is having to remove it when you want to remove the carb. I still have my stock hot start button out in my shed... it's yours if you want it, just PM me your address :naughty:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.