Finally Got My 01' Back!!(theft)

6 replies to this topic
  • banffboy

Posted April 26, 2005 - 11:51 AM

:naughty: :D :D After having my bike stolen 2 1/2 years ago I finally got it back. It's been tied up in evidence procedure for a 1 1/2. The bike is pretty much how it was, when it was stolen. The thieves did throw on a new set of renthals and hand guards :D . The bike doesn't look like it was ridden much after it was stolen (still have the same set of tires on with very little wear).

I've drained the gas, cleaned the float, and changed the oil and filter. I will be also changing all the other fluids (brakes/fork/rad).

I fired up the bike on the 3rd kick with fresh gas. It seem to run fine and idle fine (I haven't ridden it yet). Do you guys think I'll have to pull the carb apart? The float looked pretty nasty with varnish and spooge.

Now I have 2 identical bikes with the same set up and accessories :naughty:

• Math

Posted April 26, 2005 - 01:23 PM

:D :D :cry: After having my bike stolen 2 1/2 years ago I finally got it back. It's been tied up in evidence procedure for a 1 1/2. The bike is pretty much how it was, when it was stolen. The thieves did throw on a new set of renthals and hand guards :D . The bike doesn't look like it was ridden much after it was stolen (still have the same set of tires on with very little wear).

I've drained the gas, cleaned the float, and changed the oil and filter. I will be also changing all the other fluids (brakes/fork/rad).

I fired up the bike on the 3rd kick with fresh gas. It seem to run fine and idle fine (I haven't ridden it yet). Do you guys think I'll have to pull the carb apart? The float looked pretty nasty with varnish and spooge.

Now I have 2 identical bikes with the same set up and accessories :D

If the bike runs fine, I don't see why you would put the whole carb apart?... :naughty:

I'm curious to know what others will tell you.

I'm pretty happy for you! :naughty: How could the cops find it back? What's the story?

• banffboy

Posted April 26, 2005 - 01:54 PM

If the bike runs fine, I don't see why you would put the whole carb apart?... :naughty:

I'm curious to know what others will tell you.

I'm pretty happy for you! :naughty: How could the cops find it back? What's the story?

That's kind of what I was thinking, although I haven't taken it on a long ride yet. I'm a little worried that the carb will foul up or plug up with gas sitting in there for a better part of 2 years.

The bike was stolen on a ride in Kamloops (it was on a trailer attached to my buddy's truck, the whole truck, our bikes and all our gear were stolen). The bike was recovered by the RCMP( i didn't have theft insurance only public liability). So the bike was in evidence holding all this time (it was part of a large theft ring, over 200 vehicles stolen, 33 people charged). Long story, but that's the readers digest version

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertWR

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:00 PM

Did they catch the thieving A**holes?

• Fredneck75

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:59 PM

:naughty: Good Deal. Glad it's back where it belongs. I hate theives. :naughty:

• WR_Woody

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:04 PM

It is always nice to hear someone getting their bike returned in fairly good condition after it was stolen. It sucks it was stolen the first place! Congrats!

Since you already have a replacement bike, why not take the time and pull the carb aprt to clean? Then that little thought in the back of your head won't be there wondering if you are going to run into problems with the carb............food for thought......

• banffboy

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:22 PM

Thanks fellas. Yeah you're right Woody, I should pull it apart. I'm going to sell one of the bikes, just now sure which one yet( i want to keep them both :naughty: ). I might do a little swapping back and forth before I do so. As far as the theives go, it's in the courts. My theft was small time compared to the other items, everything from 18 wheelers, motorhomes, it was mostly large trucks. The theft ring was working all the way accross Canada. They even had new trucks there that were stolen off the Manufacters Lot :naughty: Those theives sure had some balls

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.