05 WR450 Breather Hose

8 replies to this topic
  • WR_Woody

Posted April 26, 2005 - 07:41 AM

Ok.....So I pick my bike up last Friday... :naughty: ...However, can't ride it cause we went out of town for the weekend... :naughty: ...Yesterday, I have a couple hours to kill, so I figured I would take care of the free mods...Got the grey wire cut...Didn't see the snorkel everyone is talking about, but I did cut the two holea in the right side of the air box...Dealer took care of the throttle screw for me..Now to the breather hose...

After more researching out here (and the Internet) and staring at the bike, I can't see the hose everyone talks about. I look back at the air box, and there is a black hose already running into it. I follow it around, and it leads up under the fuel tank. Now to my question.....

Does the '05 already have the breather hose ran into the airbox? Am I looking at the wrong hose? I would like to post a pic of it, but my digi camera is shot...

Thanks.

-=Woody=-

• markyjoe

Posted April 26, 2005 - 08:13 AM

To the best of my knowledge Yamaha fixed this flaw for the 05 and routed the hose to the airbox.

• WR_Woody

Posted April 26, 2005 - 09:54 AM

Thanks.....One less thing to mod.....

-=Woody=-

• A_Bess

Posted April 26, 2005 - 10:16 AM

Be careful when washing your bike!!!! Yamaha put the hose in the bottom of the airbox, so it is extremely easy to suck water into your oil after washing it. Lowedog machined an aluminum elbow that snaps into place eliminating this flaw if interested. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Woody

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:06 PM

Is he looking at making more for sale???

• trailriderjoe

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:06 PM

Don't stop there...explain?
What's the location of the elbow?
Why does it benefit the water problem?

Thanks

• A_Bess

Posted April 27, 2005 - 07:37 AM

http://img.photobuck...edog/brthr1.jpg

He machined this little part to simply snap into the hole for the breather tube. A little silicone and the opening for the breather is raised about an inch. Doubtfull that enough water from washing would get into the airbox to reach the top of the hole.

:naughty:

• Cedric

Posted April 27, 2005 - 07:44 AM

Bum link man...

• Fredneck75

Posted April 27, 2005 - 08:04 AM

Check out this thread...

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=247768

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.