Drowned BRP lives

9 replies to this topic
  • CAM2R

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:01 PM

A few weeks back this was the start of an unexpected teardown and cleaning after taking on some mud & water

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was the first time opening up a bike motor for me and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If only I had used a spring compressor to pull/install the valves - would have saved a couple of band-aids :D

Well, she's all back together as of last Friday - clean on the inside - the outside never gets very clean. Fired right up :naughty: Sunday was some minimal riding/tuning getting ready for a race on next saturday.

While I had some down time for the bike I also added some 'bling'
52 T Ironman sproket
RK chain
Galfer pads
.... and the most important thing

animalhouse designs peg mount
Now I'll feel better about letting the bike fly instead of rolling all the bumps :D

All dressed up with some nice number decals and ready to get busy in Virgina City - this BRP is gonna move some rocks on saturday :naughty:

• AzMtnThumper

Posted April 25, 2005 - 11:16 PM

Good to hear that you're ready to rip again. Just goes to show you that things aren't always as bad as they initially seem. :naughty: Good luck in your upcoming race.

• TimBrp

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:23 AM

Nice to see her up and running again. Hope all works out for yah..

• frankstr

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:32 AM

Glad to hear you got it cleaned out and back on the trails again..... :naughty: :naughty:
Ya cant keep a good bike down............. :D

• Sephw

Posted April 26, 2005 - 11:42 AM

Ya cant keep a good bike down............. :D

Yeah, but he's talking about a honda :naughty:

In any case I think I have my race strategy for Saturday figured out - get out in front of the BRP and sprinkle some water on the course. Hell, I even managed to get my DRZ to start sprinkling water automatically. I figure Chuck is never going near mud again, so I'll finish ahead of him anyway. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CAM2R

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, but he's talking about a honda :D

In any case I think I have my race strategy for Saturday figured out - get out in front of the BRP and sprinkle some water on the course. Hell, I even managed to get my DRZ to start sprinkling water automatically. I figure Chuck is never going near mud again, so I'll finish ahead of him anyway. :D

:cry: :D :D

Let's check that equation again.... motor of a tractor+suspension of a Buick+a rider who goes faster in the rocks=ME :D

Besides being a great tow truck, what will the DRZ be bringing to the party? :naughty: Should I switch back to my 13/52 gearing to keep it close? :naughty: :p

• August

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:47 PM

Glad to hear the good news CAM2R. What is this racing you guys are doing this weekend?
Are there lots of sanctioned events where people run BRP's? I know little about off-road racing in general.

• Sephw

Posted April 26, 2005 - 06:50 PM

:naughty: :naughty: :D

Besides being a great tow truck, what will the DRZ be bringing to the party? :D

Hmmn - a throttle that actually turns, brakes that actually work (which may account for some of your "extra speed" :D ) a suspension that works, steering that actually goes where you want it to, a clutch that just won't die, and a pilot with nothing to lose :cry: :D :D . (Now where did I leave that lead pipe...)

August - were doing the Virginia City GP this weekend. Just do a quick search in the SW forum. Most of the races in N. CA could be run on a BRP or DRZ unless you're trying to win the over all. The VCGP is probably the best shot near N Ca for a big bike to win.

• CAM2R

Posted April 26, 2005 - 06:56 PM

:naughty: :naughty: :D .....Thanks for all the support from the BRP crew :D
I don't think that I would have torn into the motor without TT for the help found here as a backup .

Glad to hear the good news CAM2R. What is this racing you guys are doing this weekend?
Are there lots of sanctioned events where people run BRP's? I know little about off-road racing in general.

This weekend is the Virginia City Grand Prix
we've been trying to spark interest over in the southwest forum -here

It the first time for me to be running numbers on a bike - so the novice race on saturday is just a 'turning 40 this year' :D thing for me. I usually keep the speeds pretty slow running more 'enduro' type trails. I think that second gear gets all the wear on my bike - I never use the rest :D

You probably wont see any BRP's at observed trials events, or on MX tracks, but just about any other event, you'll see somebody crazy enough to toss around the 300lb torque monster :cry: I'm looking forward to leaving my left blinker on the entire race :D just to bug the guys on lightweight MX bikes.

• CAM2R

Posted April 26, 2005 - 06:59 PM

...and a pilot with nothing to lose :naughty: :naughty: :D .

Bringin the smack in my house....

Keep an eye on the DRZ forum next week when the score gets settled :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.