Please help

2 replies to this topic
  • paulthatcher

Posted April 25, 2005 - 06:42 PM

I took my friends by last weekend and it ran great the first day but the second day I could not get it to idle properly and it after fire when I slow down. The funny thing is that it idles great when the choke is on but when it comes off it dies right away.

What could this be a case of, nothing was changed and airfilter is clear and clean. If any of you have any idea please Help I need to get it running before my friend gets home....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted April 25, 2005 - 06:49 PM

Sounds like your main jet may be clogged.

Drop the carb bowl access. Unscrew the main jet. Clean it out.

Install.

:naughty:

• frankstr

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:47 AM

Sounds like its running lean, Clean the carb and jets out, Check for vacum leaks..........

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.