Opinion on the Supertrapp IDS2 for the L

8 replies to this topic
  • tjnsr

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:35 PM

Desnorkeled, unifiltered, drilled the slide, shimmed the needle (thanks xr650L Dave), and I LOVE IT! It is now wheelie time...
I tried to remove welds that hold the stock tip into my exhaust and destroyed the part of the muffler that the tip bolts into. :naughty:
So, now I'm looking into an aftermarket exhaust (then I'll rejet.) Anyone use, like, dislike, etc...the Supertrapp IDS2?

I've read the various opinions of the other pipes and don't recall anything on the Supertrapp.
You guys rock!
:naughty:

• jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:41 PM

Rejet it first!! Love my ISD it's pretty load though. Enjoy. Also replace the stock bars with CR high bends ASAP best mod to date!!!! Totaly changes the bike....

• tjnsr

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:45 PM

Don't I have to wait to see how much leaner it will get with the new pipe before I rejet?

• jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:53 PM

Don't I have to wait to see how much leaner it will get with the new pipe before I rejet?

See XR650LDave's posts on this. He's got it dialed in. It comes so lean from the factory; doing the other mods first just makes it worse.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted April 25, 2005 - 05:11 PM

For the L, the IDS2 QC is a good choice. Much lighter, tunable, won't melt your plastics, not too loud at all, and provides much better performance than the stock anchor. I'm running 7 discs on my '98 with all the standard mods and it performs really well.

I've had Trapps for years on my old XL's before they "invented" the term dual sport. They've been making good slip-on pipes for a long time. Definitely worth it.

• Xr650LMartin

Posted April 25, 2005 - 05:24 PM

Hi
Is there a really noticeable power increase with the Ids?? Mine is in the mail, waiting for it !!!

• jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 05:28 PM

Hi
Is there a really noticeable power increase with the Ids?? Mine is in the mail, waiting for it !!!

Not really power, but snappyness?? Oh yea. make sure you have it jetted first or you will be dissapointed

• rokklym

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:08 PM

Thats a nice looking pipe and probably one of the best deals out there.

• allan68

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:47 PM

I'm very happy with my IDS-2Q as well. As stated, small enough not to melt plastics, way lighter than stock and quieter. I replaced my straight Yoshi with it, and @ 5 discs, it is quite quiet and the back pressure actually gave me more low end.
Definitely recommended.

Al

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.