2001 Wr 426 $3300???

9 replies to this topic
  • jhkinzinger

Posted April 25, 2005 - 03:32 PM

I'm seriously looking to buy a WR 400 426 , 450 , maybe YZF's. I live in Salt Lake City, I have the opportunity to buy a 01 426 w/ lots of extras: new tires, chain/sprockets, skid plate, protapers, steering stabilizer, yoshimuro exhaust. Sounds like it hasn't been ridden much for the past 2 years, haven't looked at it yet and will need to travel to look, what should I look for, NADA value is 2500 - 3400 should I offer less?, Or does anyone have something in driving distance they are willing to offer? Thanks for the input

• Victor Champion

Posted April 25, 2005 - 03:43 PM

Bought my 2001 WR426 for $3000 last September. It was mostly stock how I prefer things.

The 426 is a rocket. :naughty: I have put on over 800 miles in the last 8 months.
It's a good bike but you must check it out first.

• ToooFaarOutt

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:16 PM

I bought mine last May for $2500.00 lots of extras white bros e-series pipe, oversize pegs,asv levers, thumb compression release, Renthal fat bars, Renthal sprockets, Renthal grips, One industries graphics. And it was owned by a 58 year old guy with more money than brains. Frame had no scratches where the boots usually rub and not sand blasted where the front wheel kicks all the rocks. Odometer said 330 miles on it. The son told me after I had bought it already they had not rolled the odometer back. I rode it 3 times and the paint was blasted off the frame in front of the motor. So i would say he was honest with the amount of miles on it.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:07 PM

My uncle has a 2002 426 with lots of goodies for sale for 3000.00. We are eight hours away from SLC. It is a very nice bike, perfect mechanically. Good luck.

• jhkinzinger

Posted April 27, 2005 - 03:28 PM

Where are you located and would you be interested in traveling to meet? thanks, Jon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • daytripper63

Posted April 27, 2005 - 03:31 PM

If your willing to travel to Sacramento CA. I have an 02 wr426 with about 300 miles with 450 decomp cam, Tag bars, skid plates, bark busters, etc. I cant remember all the extras, and this bike has not left my garage in over a year( no time to ride)
Robert
916-257-1278
Extra DID chain, tires, bars, grips, ?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 27, 2005 - 08:58 PM

Zinger, We are in Billings. Yes, travel would be possible by either me or my uncle. I can send you some pics and vids if you would like, this could save us both wasted time just in case. I am sure you would love the bike, it is very solid. I wish I had the dough, I would keep it for myself as I like it for the tighter trails better than my 04. PM me for email or phone numbers.

• wakin

Posted April 28, 2005 - 06:10 AM

I'm seriously looking to buy a WR 400 426 , 450 , maybe YZF's. I live in Salt Lake City, I have the opportunity to buy a 01 426 w/ lots of extras: new tires, chain/sprockets, skid plate, protapers, steering stabilizer, yoshimuro exhaust. Sounds like it hasn't been ridden much for the past 2 years, haven't looked at it yet and will need to travel to look, what should I look for, NADA value is 2500 - 3400 should I offer less?, Or does anyone have something in driving distance they are willing to offer? Thanks for the input

Your looking at the one down in Orem? Looked like a clean bike from the picture. A co-worker was going to check it out but has his heart set on a CRF up in Kamas. The WR's don't tend to hang around long.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it has all new YZ plastics (no headlight) if that matters. He may have the old set in a box though?

• firezwr426

Posted April 28, 2005 - 07:10 AM

when you do aquire the beast pm me.. I live in Ogden and I am always looking for someone to ride with... hopefully some of this snow will melt in a timley manner without causing floods.. bountiful is screaming my name, but this stupid snow is killing me.. :naughty: also there is a really neat singletrack 40+ miles that goes from pineview res. all the way to willard peak, but it looks like we will not be riding that until late summer at this rate... :naughty:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 28, 2005 - 04:50 PM

I know you didnt invite me but I would love to come down and bomb some sweet single track down there sometime. It just looks so beautiful around there when I drive by. I am not a very skilled rider but I would love to hook up with some of you guys who dont live so far away. I could do an 8 hour drive for a long weekend. So if anyone needs a slow fat unskilled rider to screw up an otherwise good ride, just let me know. :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.