450 stalling

2 replies to this topic
  • lid

Posted April 25, 2005 - 12:25 PM

Hi there all can anyone help me with a problem im having with my 03 450 ive removed the spark arrester out of my stock silencer but ive found that it runs ok and ticks over ok but occasionally from tick over if i open the throttle quickly the bike just stalls for no reason.What i have to do is rev it a couple of times carefully and then set off.

Cheers mick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertWR

Posted April 25, 2005 - 02:32 PM

Clean and :naughty: Re-Jet your carb!

• farkawi

Posted April 25, 2005 - 07:45 PM

Assuming that the pilot circuit is clear; you may have to fatten up the pilot jet. I hear the accelerator pump is "tuneable" but I start at 5000' above sea level so the whole jetting program is different from what you need for the UK. Check the jetting forum and search it. You'll find what you need.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.