Had one, getting another(rekluse)

4 replies to this topic
  • machoman_#618

Posted April 25, 2005 - 12:21 PM

For you guys that got one here is my question. I run a 16 oz flywheel wt on my 05 450. But I just ordered my rekluse. Do you think I need it any longer? I had a rekluse on my 02 250f and 03 450f. They both had flywheel wts also. Will I just be carrying around an extra pound or what?

• Dano426

Posted April 25, 2005 - 12:31 PM

I was running a 12oz and a z-start on my yz426 and could not get it from creeping. I remove the flywheel this year and the creeping disappeared. I have not had a chance get in any tight trails, but it seem to be better.

Remember the z-start adds like 6 oz, so with 16 oz flywheel you looking at 22 oz and that seems a bit much?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • machoman_#618

Posted April 25, 2005 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Dano, I shall remove the flywheel wt. Just the info I needed........for sell 1 used flywheel wt,lol 1 pounder!!!!!!thanks again

• Dano426

Posted April 25, 2005 - 01:16 PM

Did you keep your stock flywheel? Throw it on and see what you think.

I am wondering what it will be like in the mud and deep sand. I really like the flywheel, but the z-start makes it so much more fun to ride in the woods. I am thinking an 8 oz. and the z-start would be a great combo. If I can find one used I would probably get one. It is hard to pay $200 for only 8 oz??

Let us know what you decided

Dan

• machoman_#618

Posted April 25, 2005 - 01:54 PM

Dano I got the bolt on flywheel(cost about 100 bucks), so all I got to do is unbolt it and put my washer back on. Should take about 30 minutes. I think the 05 came with added wt any way on the flywheel. I race harescrambles here and Ive had it in some tight stuff so far. Im just wanting to go faster with less arm pump(clutch pump). I'l let you know after Sunday how it did.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.