Rubber mounted bar clamps

7 replies to this topic
  • HarveyMushman

Posted April 25, 2005 - 11:32 AM

Hi Everybody,
Does any one have experience with the Applied clamps with rubber mounted bar clamps? I have never used a rubber mount and I'm just curious how they hold up. Less vibration has to be a good thing, but does changing out the rubber bushings become a regular maintenance issue?

Thanks

• Jackazz

Posted April 25, 2005 - 11:59 AM

My only experience with the rubber mounted bar clamps is that when I called applied to get my kit (bars, clamps, & top tripple), & told them it was for my WR & that I'd be doing mostly trail riding with a bit of jumping, they told me that I should go with the solid mount clamps instead. They also turned me onto a good deal on the "kit" from BTOSports.com. :naughty:

• DesertWR

Posted April 25, 2005 - 02:30 PM

Hi Everybody,
Does any one have experience with the Applied clamps with rubber mounted bar clamps? I have never used a rubber mount and I'm just curious how they hold up. Less vibration has to be a good thing, but does changing out the rubber bushings become a regular maintenance issue?

Thanks

I just put a set on my WR. I'll let you know if they perform. Less vibration is a good thing (for a man anyway) :naughty: :naughty:

• BubZ

Posted April 25, 2005 - 02:42 PM

I had them on my CR500 and my KX250. They really worked well. The rubber bushings lasted as long as the bikes did, so I don't think you will have to worry about them.

Another thing they do is allow the bar clamps to twist a little in a really bad crash ( don't ask how I know ) which saves the bars as well.

Bud

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HarveyMushman

Posted April 25, 2005 - 03:54 PM

I just put a set on my WR. I'll let you know if they perform. Less vibration is a good thing (for a man anyway) :naughty: :naughty:

How did they fit your WR? Did you need to do any mods at all to fit, light, connectors or odometer?

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:47 AM

I have the BRP top triple clamps with Honda style rubber mounts and they do not wear out and you can set them up to eliminate a lot of the high frequency vibration! I ride long distances and a vibrating bike wears you out. It also reduces the shock load to your shoulders on front end hits. :naughty:

Check out BRP at : http://www.brpit.com/index.html

Rubber Mounted Triple Clamps

Designed to isolate vibration and the harsh spike that is normally transferred to the rider from pounding the track or trail. By isolating the shock to the rider it reduces arm pump and rider fatigue, allowing you to tear it up that much longer and that much harder. They manufacture rubber mounted triple clamps for most models including the CR, CRF, YZ, YZF, WR, KX, RM and KTM. Special Offset Triple Clamps available for the KTM and CRF 450's.

Everything You Need

Rubber mounted triple clamps come complete with bar mounts, 1 of three bar clamp styles and 4 OEM Honda bar mount bushings. Nylon and aluminum replacement bushings for BRP triple clamps and OEM KX and CR triple clamps available.

Multiple Bar Positions Available

BRP offers the widest range of bar positions available.With 3 height options (see image on left) and 2 offset positions ± 3 mm front/back, you can get your bars just about anywhere you want. Allowing riders of any size or style of riding to setup the controls where they need them.

You Have Setup Options

All riders are not the same. Different riders with different body types and riding styles require different bike setup especially the controls. For example: taller riders will tend to like a taller bar position and farther forward and shorter riders will tend to go the other way. And some guys just like a particular setup. That's what makes our triple clamps and bar mounts unique.

• mtrablue

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:45 PM

i have the brp upper clamp with rubber mounts. i know you were asking about the applied product but give brp some thought. unless something has changed, you'll need to order them over the phone. when you do, you'll be asked what type of bar clamps you need. that's the trick to getting them the way you want them. they have several heights and styles. with rubber mounts you'll probably want the solid top clamp. the two top clamps are replaced by a single unit. it helps prevent twisting. they also have a solid top clamp that has two extra tapped holes. good for a steering damper or enduro computer.

• DesertWR

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:17 PM

How did they fit your WR? Did you need to do any mods at all to fit, light, connectors or odometer?

Not at all. The 3 clamp and bushings fit well. The nuts are real close to the steering head but they clear O.K. :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.