- New 172 main jet
- New 68s slow jet
- New B53e needle on 3rd clip
- New needle jet seat (oriented the correct way)
- New HRC carb boot (the fully opened boot)
- Replaced all those crappy phillips screws with allen head screws
- The bike already has the HRC exhaust tip on it
Followed the instructions from 4strokes.com web site and had no problems during the rebuild (and no "spare parts"). Also, the carb insides where very clean and I found no varnish or crud at all (and I did use carb cleaner on the slide, as recommended). However, I can't start the bike now and I'm wondering if I am doing anything wrong. Couple questions:
- Does the slow jet screw all the way in until tight? I thought so and that's what I did.
- Is the position of the nut on the needle holder an exact science? I noticed when I took it apart to replace the needle seat the nut moved about 1/4 turn. I re-installed as close as I could guess to original but it might be off 1/4 turn from original. Is there a specific setting for this?
- I set the fuel screw (on the lower RH side) to 2.5 turns out from all in? Could this be an issue? I had gathered from reading here that this was the "typical" setting for uncorked.
- I have tried playing with the idle screw to no avail; is there a standard setting from all in (or out) I should reset to?
Any help is appreciated! Cheers....Mike