The First mod you should do to your L

13 replies to this topic
  • jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 07:27 AM

I finally got around to changing out the stock (bend O matic) bars on my L. HOLY CRAP what a difference!!! I went with the CR High Bend and it feels like a totaly different bike. On of my freinds said man it feels like your bike lost 20 pounds. I would have never belived that simply changing the bend on the bars would have such a dramatic affect. Mine is piped, jetted filtered, smog block off, every piece of extra crap on it has come off and this by far has been the best mod yet. (ps this is just my opinion) :naughty:

• Shakeyhands

Posted April 25, 2005 - 07:36 AM

How hard was the smog block off? Can a mildly retarded L rider do it?

• jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:05 AM

How hard was the smog block off? Can a mildly retarded L rider do it?

Simple, even a severly retarded L rider can do it. A DRZ rider? Maybe? :naughty:

• XR Dude

Posted April 25, 2005 - 09:51 AM

4strokes.com has an article about smog pump removal on there home page for technical articles, complete with pictures. Good luck.

• justicedone

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, it was a little tricky on my 03 model because there were things not metioned in the directions. Took about 1.5hrs with the IMS kit.

• justicedone

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:36 AM

*ps* what type of bars did you get and what color? And if so could you give the part # ?

I was looking at getting a new set of Tapers or Tags and want the high cr bend also.

thx

• kal151

Posted April 25, 2005 - 11:46 AM

I installed a set of ProTaper high rise ATV bars on mine. Risers....we don't need no stinking risers!!!! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted April 25, 2005 - 12:12 PM

So.......the first mod is to crash and bend the bars, maybe break a few of the heavier things :naughty:

I have some 909 7/8" bars titanium color and I think the bend is mini high. It was the highest bend with the smallest sweep.

• jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:38 PM

So.......the first mod is to crash and bend the bars, maybe break a few of the heavier things :naughty:

I have some 909 7/8" bars titanium color and I think the bend is mini high. It was the highest bend with the smallest sweep.

NO the first mod is to crash it several times and break more crap than you want to replace and then start fixing stuff. :naughty: The bars i picked were MSR CR high bends. went on great and feel even better. :D

• tjnsr

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:44 PM

I put a "You toucha my bike, I breaka you face" sticker on mine. By far the best mod out there...

• jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:51 PM

I put a "You toucha my bike, I breaka you face" sticker on mine. By far the best mod out there...

That's got to be worth almost 2 ponies right there alone. :naughty:

• Shakeyhands

Posted April 25, 2005 - 05:34 PM

nice!!! :naughty: :naughty:

• rokklym

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:05 PM

I installed a set of ProTaper high rise ATV bars on mine. Risers....we don't need no stinking risers!!!! :naughty:

We need pics!
:naughty:

• kal151

Posted April 25, 2005 - 09:29 PM

We need pics!
:naughty:

Okie dokie.
http://kal151.smugmu...otos/20548284-L
http://kal151.smugmu...otos/20548314-L

I have them set too far forward right now. Once I heal up from my crash I will adjust them...along with a few other things. :D

And yes....the bike is in my apartment. :naughty:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.