n00B 650R question

8 replies to this topic
  • Miguel159

Posted April 25, 2005 - 07:07 AM

Hey all: I'm new to this site and I have a question about the BRP. How many of you actually ride tight, wooded, single track with the BRP? I may be able to get a great deal on a new one and have always liked them. On one hand, I'm afraid of getting something too big/heavy for BC woods riding. I'm 6'4" and 210 lbs though. I've also looked at a used YZF 426 with lots of trick aftermarket stuff. I recently rode the Baja on a big Beemer and would love to be able to trailer a bike down there every once and a while. What do you think? I wish I had the coin to buy five bikes. Then there would be no dilema.

• Miguel159

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:02 AM

:naughty: Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

• TimBrp

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:55 AM

I ride tight singletrack with mine all the time. Yeah it's a handful, but when you get onto a straight with her there's nothing like it. Get the 650R, a gym membership and forget the yammi.

• miguelitro

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:05 AM

I think that the pig works better in the tight stuff than most people expect or admit!!! the low end torque keeps ya moving and its really easy to control wheel spin. I love my brp!

I'm coming up to BC, Van/Whistler area at the end of summer with the pig, maybe we can hook up if youre in that area!

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roll_it_on

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:32 AM

I ride mine in tight stuff all the time with my son on my tail with his XR250. If I want to lose him I have to work pretty hard since it is alot of bike to muscle around but like stated above once it opens up a bit yee haw :naughty: It's the best all around bike that I've ever owned and since I can't own more than one (wife thing :naughty: ) I'll stick with the beast.

• frankstr

Posted April 25, 2005 - 01:04 PM

Thats all I ride my BRP in, Oregon trails= Tite wooded areas, tite trails...
I take mine every where the kids go...Love every minute of it....... :naughty:

• KillerPriller

Posted April 25, 2005 - 01:50 PM

yeah, riding the tight stuff is not as bad as people think. Just ride the bike.

people that dont know how to ride dirtbikes complain about the BRP weight('cuz they muscle around thier mistakes). But if you got skill, this bike can be everything you want it to be and much more. I also ride a BMW GS-Adv so i know what your talking about.

just be ready to back the stearing damper off a bit in the tight stuff. You do have a stearing damper dont you?

nk

• Miguel159

Posted April 25, 2005 - 05:49 PM

I don't really have the skill, so I think I'd be the guy to muscle around mistakes. No bike yet, so no damper. I probably would put on new bars right off the show room. Then uncork it of course.

• Max Power

Posted April 25, 2005 - 06:07 PM

If you are going to be ridding mostly tight single track..... go with the Yami deal.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.