Crf650r

39 replies to this topic
  • BrettJ

Posted April 25, 2005 - 06:01 AM

Hey guy's I have recently got a 01 xr650r and I love it, but before I bought it I decided I wanted to start a project, project CRF650R. The 650 is totally uncorked and I'm very happy with it I don’t want any ridiculous mods like 710cc's kits & thousands of dollars spent on it I just wanted
1) CRF styling
2) More power in the higher rev's not heaps more just a bit snappier
3) less weight or the illusion of less weight
4) CRF like ergos
I would like to hear the best way to go about doing something like this, has anybody tried this before?

Thanks
Brett

• Baja Rudy

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:25 AM

BrettJ, here are simple answers to your 4 questions:
1) CRF styling (get a CRF and pay 7K for a new one)
2) More power in the higher rev's not heaps more just a bit snappier (you need more power??? you got to be kidding...snappier get an edelbrock carb $480, cam bla bla bla)
3) less weight or the illusion of less weight (this is expensive, got titanium parts? most people end up putting more stuff than what they remove)
4) CRF like ergos (see answer to question 1)

there is no way of doing this without spending several thousand pesos.

we ride and race xr650r's for the last 5 years and I can tell you that you are in for a surprise.

• ponq

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:29 AM

As far as making the bike a bit snappier, could this be done by shaving some weight off the flywheel. That could also give the illusion of a lighter bike too. A quicker revving motor and less engine braking.

Just a thought.

• frankstr

Posted April 25, 2005 - 01:21 PM

Welcome to TT, Brett.......... :naughty:
Install a Edelbrock carb and ride it, It hides its weight real good..... :naughty:
Its a BRP, Not a CRF............................ :D

• KillerPriller

Posted April 25, 2005 - 01:57 PM

Weight? what weight?

• BrettJ

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:22 PM

cheers for the feed back, so what I have gathered from your responses is that it's not worth it. Fair enough I just thought It would be cool to have CRF plastics etc, like the CRF230F, how much better does it look than the XR200 did.

• JackAttack

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:54 PM

how much better does it look ....

I let the MX guys worry about how pretty the bike looks and how many cool stickers it has on it.

The XR650R is a true dez machine.

Any "cool" stuff that true dez racers put on the bike usually gets torn or scratched off in the first few miles, so it's not that important. :naughty:

:naughty:

• jlpskydive

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:58 PM

I let the MX guys worry about how pretty the bike looks and how many cool stickers it has on it.

The XR650R is a true dez machine.

Any "cool" stuff that true dez racers put on the bike usually gets torn or scratched off in the first few miles, so it's not that important. :D

That's why I'm glad you get new stickers with every new purchasce. :naughty:

• RingKingPin

Posted April 25, 2005 - 05:20 PM

I think the CRF stylin' wouldn't do this monster justice. These are the best graphics for the pig--- homemade! http://img.photobuck.../pipnit/ak6.jpg

• JackAttack

Posted April 25, 2005 - 05:27 PM

I think the CRF stylin' wouldn't do this monster justice. These are the best graphics for the pig--- homemade! http://img.photobuck.../pipnit/ak6.jpg

You can buy the thong....but not the graphics in the TT store.

:naughty: :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:19 PM

Thats what all XR's should have on board..

A PEZ dispenser !!!

• targetdrone

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:57 PM

Wow, you let your daughter ride your bike???!!!

The camoflauge is so good I didn't see the bike for a whole minute. :naughty:

• BrettJ

Posted April 26, 2005 - 01:39 AM

That looks f@ckin sic!! The bike too! :naughty: yeah I don't ride desert so the stickers would last a fair while, But come on CRF650R that would be so awesome! There must be a way to do it

• qadsan

Posted April 26, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Check out this SM CRF'd 650r I kept a picture of. Maybe that will give you some ideas :naughty:

http://public.fotki....sm_mvc194f.html

• Xr-For-Ever

Posted April 26, 2005 - 12:13 PM

Hey guys,

Here is my CRF650
Posted Image
Posted Image

• ponq

Posted April 26, 2005 - 12:52 PM

Wow that is nice!

• JackAttack

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:20 PM

Hey guys,
Here is my CRF650

:naughty: SWEET JESUS!!!! :D

That is a nice lookin steed. :naughty:

I take back all those things I said about the French. :D

Put that pic in your archives Qadsan. :D

There is NO WAY I'm posting a pic of my bike after seeing that one. :cry:

:D

• XRMANU

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:46 PM

More here :naughty:

http://www.17pouces....light=xr650 crf

http://www.17pouces....light=xr650 crf

:D

• DualSport650

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:26 PM

WOW! :naughty:

Nice bike. :naughty:

What header are you using with that Yoshimura slip-on muffler?

The reason I ask is because I just ordered a Yoshimura slip-on muffler, but they don't make a header so I couldn't order a header from them.

If you know of a good header that mates up to the Yosh, let me know...

• BrettJ

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:58 PM

YEAH!! Thats exactly what I wanted! :naughty: Is that a crf450r tank and shrouds? Easy fit?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.