FMF Q2 on a 650L?

5 replies to this topic
  • craft

Posted April 24, 2005 - 08:29 PM

If you have a 650L with a Q2, tell me what you think. Header info too, por favor...I'm seriously debating exhaust upgrade and this one looks pretty trick. I know I'll miss the stealthy thump of the beast, but I want some more power...Any help is appreciated. :naughty:

• miguelitro

Posted April 25, 2005 - 01:20 PM

The power bomb header is great!
i have the T2 exhaust and its really loud!!!
the Q (FMF and White Bros) pipes while quieter supposudly fall apart, Ive read this here and heard from others...
I have also heard that in the long run the Q pipes can cause faster internal engine wear due to increased back pressure.

All that said I have heard better things about the FMF than others and would also like the quieter pipe...

mike

• allan68

Posted April 25, 2005 - 10:50 PM

There is already a post on the Supertrapp ISD2-Q a few posts back.

Al

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • craft

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:36 AM

There is already a post on the Supertrapp ISD2-Q a few posts back.

Al

Are you saying that the ISd2-Q is the same as an FMF Q2?

• truck6driver

Posted April 26, 2005 - 07:10 PM

I have been running the FMF Q now for 2 or so years. I have not had any problems yet. The XR650L has a problem meeting the AMA 96 db sound test with this pipe in stock form. I had to add the 1.5" turndown to lower the sound output. It is still louder than stock andincreased the power of the bike after a rejet. The torque increased and is a consistant pull from idle to redline. The power is much more managable and will surprise you. The power does not "ramp" up like open exhaust and just pulls hard all the way through the rpm range. I average about 6000 miles a year on my bike and have repacked the pipe once. The packing is good for about that amount of time.

Ray

94' XR650L

• allan68

Posted April 26, 2005 - 10:43 PM

My bad... Sorry about that guys.
I'm on nightshift, and was reading this post in the wee hrs.

Al

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.