About my 01 426

1 reply to this topic
  • drtbkn4ever113

Posted April 24, 2005 - 05:56 PM

i bought a used yz426 about two weeks ago. I looked it over really good, didnt smoke..had a new top end put in it. i tes took it for a test drive and seemed to run strong. I noticed one problem whne i got home w/ it that i didnt notice there was that if im riding for maybe 30 mins. or so and bring it back it drips a few drop of coolant on the ground. im guessing theres a problem...any advice would be great Thanks Sean

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tp3dxf

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:05 AM

It depends where the coolant is coming from. If it's coming from the overflow hose and it's only a few drops I wouldn't sweat it. If I remember correctly unlike a 01WR426 the 01YZ426 didn't come with a coolant recovery tank. So if it needs to puke a little coolant your going to see it.

Now if it's loosing coolant from somewhere other then the overflow tube there may be a problem.

Is the bike running really hot? If not and the coolant is just a few drops coming from the overflow tube I wouldn't sweat it. Just check your coolant level before you go riding.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.